Seeing bands live

Me and the Mrs went to see “The history of The Eagles” tour at Liverpool last week.
Did anybody else see them? It was one of, if not the, best I have seen. They played for 3hours no support band and even brought on one of their original line up Bernie Leaden as a guest. Don Henley has not lost his unique singing voice with age, Glen Frey was spot on and Joe Walsh was unbelievable on guitar.
I’ve been a fan since the 70s and even tried to copy Frey’s look as a young lad… which is hard to believe today being fat and bald :laughing:
Anybody else seen any good bands lately. or managed to see one that they have always wanted to see live for a long time?

3 weeks and no response? Ok I get the message, no music lovers on here :open_mouth: , Do you all just listen to Stobarts greatest hits or whatever the hell they call it :laughing:

I went to see Deacon Blue in Thetford Forest last week, they were worth the money, not sure about musicians, but the 2 singers were original, which was good.
I bought their first album on cassette to impress a girl at the time (when i was heavily into punk, which i still am) and after a few plays i really liked it, i just had to make sure no-one could see/hear me playing it, would’ve been very bad for the image :blush:

Hi robroy - understandable disappointment!

Not made the time to take in any gigs for too long now, but seen plenty of bands in my time. In chaotic order - Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Rush, Mahogany Rush, Ted Nugent, Robin Trower, Golden Earring, Hawkwind, Budgie, Killing Joke, Cockney Rebel, Tears For Fears, China Crisis, The Christians, Foo Fighters, Limp Bizkit, Groundhogs, Steve Hillage, Deftones, Linkin Park, Radiohead, Fun Loving Criminals, plus countless others lost in the fog of my memory! :smiley:

Kindle - By coincidence, was skipping down memory lane to a few tracks off Raintown only yesterday!

Basically,with some exceptions that prove the rule,the 1970’s turned out some of the best music of all time.With a choice to suit whatever anyone felt like listening to at the time with the Eagles being just one from Slade to ELO etc etc.

This always reminds me of the summer of '75.

youtube.com/watch?v=DCrSoM5o-fg

listen to / see live music every Friday night :slight_smile: okay they are only semi pro`s doing the circuit but some of them are very entertaining . the atmosphere is far better than a disco (do they still av em ) type place . apart from quo I have never seen a pro band live ,but I do have a mate who played in a band that supported black Sabbath :smiley:

Carryfast:
Basically,with some exceptions that prove the rule,the 1970’s turned out some of the best music of all time.With a choice to suit whatever anyone felt like listening to at the time with the Eagles being just one from Slade to ELO etc etc.

I always thought that Slade would reform as the original members, maybe they will.
Another good gig I saw was a couple of years ago at Manchester, Paul Rogers on his Free/Bad Co tour, just after he had finished touring as Queen’s lead singer.

Also last year from a different era Happy Mondays :smiley:
Hoping to go and see The Who on their tour this year if we can get tickets.

Seen The Who (well half of them) couple of times at the NIA and once at Hyde Park,well worth going to see if you get the chance as Townshend and Daltrey said thats it after this tour

Last group i saw was Boney M at the NEC circa 1976 , they were fantastic :grimacing:

Haven’t been to a gig for a while, last one was foo fighters at mk bowl on 2nd July 2011 - had roger Taylor and Alice cooper guesting - absolutely brilliant day.

Before that saw squeeze a few times, along with seeing difford and tilbrook separately solo. Madness at Newmarket, monkees at Cambridge several years ago. Must get out and see some more soon

My best gig will always be David Bowie on the Reality tour, his last. If he comes back I would pay insane amounts. Other than Bowie the best gig ever changed at Glastonbury this year, Arcade Fire. It was breathtaking and incredible. It was just the best place in the world for a couple of hours, that field. Well Glastonbury is the best place in the world while its on, its life changing.

Never been to see anyone famous but always go see local singers like Joe Moore or Ritchie Remo always enjoy it would of loved to got see Johnny cash :cry:

I was chatting to a guy the other day in Runcorn where I picked a flt battery up and dropped it off this week, he was a proper biker dude and generally a great guy, he had told me he was going the the Eagle gig on my first visit and on my return I asked him how it went…he was ecstatic :laughing:
I was gutted I never went :frowning:

I love Saturday afternoons in Flanigans Apple on Matthew Street Liverpool down in the basement, live bands with a fantastic atmosphere :smiley:

Mind I want to a pub in Liverpool many years ago enjoyed it they played country music

Going to Fleetwood Mac in Hartford CT as they are playing in their complete original set up on the 1st of November

robroy:
3 weeks and no response? Ok I get the message, no music lovers on here :open_mouth: , Do you all just listen to Stobarts greatest hits or whatever the hell they call it :laughing:

Sorry, just didn’t see the original post. Don’t have time to read every post.

Seen Bruce Springsteen, Steppenwolf, Cream, Hawkwind, Judie Tzuke, Budgie, been to Glastonbury and Stonehenge festivals in the early 1980’s, never listened to Stobart’s greatest hits though. :stuck_out_tongue: