see saw.....

LORRY DRIVER’S BLUNDER BLOCKED MAIN ROAD
NICKI ROBINSON Lichfield Mercury
www.thisislichfield.co.uk

10:30 - 20 March 2008

A Lorry caused traffic chaos during the afternoon school run this week when it became grounded on Hopwas bridge.

Flouting Lichfield Street weight restrictions the 80-tonne crane transporter straddled the hump back bridge, with its front and rear tyres off the ground.The incident happened just before 3pm on Monday, March 17.

The road was closed through the middle of the village for more than three hours while police and County Highways officials supervised the heavy lift operation to remove the stricken vehicle.

Police are investigating whether or not any laws were broken.

The driver’s disregard of the road’s weight restrictions has outraged Lichfield Rural East’s County Councillor, Matthew Ellis.

He said: "This incident leaves me stunned.

"It is pure stupidity by the driver.

"Apart from the fact HGVs should not use that route, how could he have expected to get a vehicle of that size and weight over a hump back bridge?

“There have been ongoing issues for some time around HGVs using the road through Hopwas despite it being a weight restricted area and police and county council highways officials have undertaken enforcement work twice in the last 20 months to catch drivers using the route illegally,” said Cllr Ellis

wills:
LORRY DRIVER’S BLUNDER BLOCKED MAIN ROAD
NICKI ROBINSON Lichfield Mercury
www.thisislichfield.co.uk

10:30 - 20 March 2008

A Lorry caused traffic chaos during the afternoon school run this week when it became grounded on Hopwas bridge.

Flouting Lichfield Street weight restrictions the 80-tonne crane transporter straddled the hump back bridge, with its front and rear tyres off the ground.The incident happened just before 3pm on Monday, March 17.

The road was closed through the middle of the village for more than three hours while police and County Highways officials supervised the heavy lift operation to remove the stricken vehicle.

Police are investigating whether or not any laws were broken.

The driver’s disregard of the road’s weight restrictions has outraged Lichfield Rural East’s County Councillor, Matthew Ellis.

He said: "This incident leaves me stunned.

"It is pure stupidity by the driver.

"Apart from the fact HGVs should not use that route, how could he have expected to get a vehicle of that size and weight over a hump back bridge?

“There have been ongoing issues for some time around HGVs using the road through Hopwas despite it being a weight restricted area and police and county council highways officials have undertaken enforcement work twice in the last 20 months to catch drivers using the route illegally,” said Cllr Ellis

:unamused:
have you seen this trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30039

if that was STGO shouldn’t the route have been planned - if so it’s planner error not driver :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Denis F:
if that was STGO shouldn’t the route have been planned - if so it’s planner error not driver :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Wrong set of initials for me I’m afraid, but I reckon Rikki would know.:grimacing:

DGW131 wrote

:roll:
have you seen this trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30039

yes it’s this topic i posted ■■?