Seddon Atkinsons

Anyone got any picture of Seddon Aktis?

heres one I found while hunting through my picture collection, taken at truckfest way back in the late 80’s

Andydisco:

heres one I found while hunting through my picture collection, taken at truckfest way back in the late 80’s

Cracking photo that, A foden GS wrecker, a seddy and a Scammel Commander all in one shot.

My dads is the one on the left, but he`s standing on the right :unamused:

nianiamh been looking for a picture of a 400 like that for ages, ta mate i spent my childhood in a 400 day cab (my dads). had some great times so much so im doing a model of the truck.

dont have any pictures of the wagon to work off but yours will do nicely. (if thats ok?)…pete

wirralpete:
dont have any pictures of the wagon to work off but yours will do nicely. (if thats ok?)…pete

no problem be my guest pete :smiley:

ta mate… :smiley:

ive got some pics taken at the sed ak stand at i think the first truck fest at peterboro in the early 80s,one of them was a pic of a new 401 in bexton & smith colours of coalville who were big sed ak users in the 80s,i will try to work out how to put pics on here.

Andy,

Funny you should ask for Sedd Atki photos, working at a dealership where we used to sell them, I was cleaning a cupboard out for space a few weeks ago and came across a load of old customer photos that used to have Atkis from us.

Hope you enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Regards
Ant

Andydisco:

Andy, this is an identical photo of the last Seddon Atkinson that I drove in the U.K. This one was driven by John Harrison.

Last month I was over in the U.K. and I had a drink with John who I first worked with in 1973. John was a fitter and lives in Oldham and when I asked him had he got any old photo’s of lorries he said hundreds of them in the attic, I will send you some. Two days ago I received a large envelope and I had no idea of what was inside it. When I opened it I couldn’t believe it, loads of old pictures of Seddons, mainly in black and white. I think you will like them so I will try and post them.
:smiley:
Regards Steve.

Here is the tipper I was driving at the beginning of last year

235 horses

It is still running but with an owner driver now

Here is a trio of Seddon Atki’s seen at this years Trans Pennine Run

I’m reporting this post for being in bad taste (seddon aki get a life)
and please stop putting pictures of yard shunters on posts as this is a forum for truck drivers not shunters go find your own site :exclamation:

davey68:
I’m reporting this post for being in bad taste (seddon aki get a life)
and please stop putting pictures of yard shunters on posts as this is a forum for truck drivers not shunters go find your own site :exclamation:

:smiley: :smiley:

To be fair. The Strato was a decent truck, ■■■■■■■■ Twin Splitter and a DAF cab. it was too little too late though.

Nianamh. Is Tetrapak still on the go? I used to deliver bulk Polystyrene or PVC into the wrexham plant?

What happened to Michael Baddely? It was a massive company or seemed to be high profile

some that ive got first from what was know as the geordie truckers club

and this was my grandfathers old and last truck he had

Wheel Nut:
Nianamh. Is Tetrapak still on the go? I used to deliver bulk Polystyrene or PVC into the wrexham plant?

The wrexham plant is still going strong Wheel Nut, havnt a clue whos got the transport out of there now
it was BRS & Willimas Bros/ TDG but that was a long time ago,
Use to got with my dad, Inverness was a 3 day run from Wrexham
Day 1 Wxm to Stirling
Day 2 Stirling to Inverness to Stirling
Day 3 Stirling to Wxm

There was another drop in Wick and i sure they made that one last best part of the week :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There’s certainly must be some cobwebs on those pictures,even a Stobart sedak,lots of memories there,thanks to all for grea pics.
regards derek

hi marcy, do you have any more phtos from the geordies truckers club?

I’m sure I see a gallacher ros scania on one of them pics

wheel nut micheal baddeley is still about my dad worked for him for a few years on nights mainly. when i was in winsford a few months back i noticed he was running older trucks when my old man was there 85-92 it was mainly erf s and iveco turbos all well maintained and always looking like they were on the way to a show but i think mike who was a really nice chap has let his trucks show there age a bit now although i have no doubt they will still be maintained meticulously