Seddon Atkinson?

Saw a brand new 06 plate mixer today! I didn’t think these were made anymore?

Have seen a couple myself on tippers, 05 and 55 plate.
To me they just looked like Iveco eurocargos with a big A badge and the word Strato above the grill.

Now you mention it , it did have an “Iveco” look. Wonder where they are made… won’t be Britain I bet!

Even when they were at Oldham,the cabs were pressed in Brescia in Italy,and when Iveco finally took it over lock,stock and barrel,full scale production was moved to Italy as well,if I remember correctly.

I used to take ■■■■■■■ parts into the factory at Oldham about 10 years ago.

The Seddon Atkinson officianado,is Mal.I’m sure if you get in touch with him,he’ll tell you more.

Ken.

Seddon-Atkinson is to Iveco what ERF is to MAN :wink:

Badge engineering, same truck diferent badge.

fairly sure they’re built in madrid with the identical pegasos - badge engineering

According to what I’ve just read,they were sold to Pegaso in 1983, (Remember the horrible Strato cab,with the dodgy cab mounts,and cable link gear change?) and then onto Iveco in 1992.

Ken.

jj72:
fairly sure they’re built in madrid with the identical pegasos - badge engineering

You’re right, they are now built in Madrid at the Iveco Factory. (My information should be accurate as it has come from somebody employed there!!)

Seddon-Atkinson were sold by International Harvester to ENASA - who also owned Pegaso. ENASA off-loaded them to PACCAR who then dumped them on IVECO.

That’s why the Troner cab was used across the SA, DAF and Pegaso product ranges. Although Pegaso did sell vehicles in this country, I know of at least one Seddon-Atkinson 401 that was supplied with a Pegaso engine as an experimental model. Similarly, there were DAF 95s built with 14-litre ■■■■■■■ engines so there was some engineering collaberation between the companies within the group. It wasn’t just badge engineering.

However, the IVECO/Seddon-Atkinson setup badge-engineering. SA are regarded as a special-types division of IVECO and are sold mainly as mixers, heavy duty tractors, municipal vehicles, etc.

They are still Sudden Accidents :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the info.
It’s a crying shame to see so many famous British brands being sold off to foreign companys.