Seddon Atki silver knight ltd edition 11 made

Last drove wagon in question 3 & half yr ago when i left gallachers It was sold afew months after i left to an owner driver who painted it mainly black with chassis red He has since sold it on but to who I dont know so with a bit of luck the rain will not have washed it away yet :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: (picture on 70s 80s photo forum) THANKS Boys Kenny

HI GREEK… I Tried To Buy That OFF Paddy Some Years Ago But He Would Not Sell IT…If Enyone Out There Knows Were Their Is One PLEASE LET ME NO Thay Were All 4X2 410 BHP.Cheers

Theres a picture of RT Keedwells of Somersets one in the Shepton Mallet truckfest pics thread here.

The one run by Elliot’s of Ayr that Colingl spoke of was the ex Torridge Tpt. one
it ran in their colour’s for a wee while after Elliot bought it I used to see it regularly on the A76 heading south. Eddie.

This has been posted b4 without much response. A friend of mine had 1 of these, can’t recall what no’ i’ll have to ask him, sure he said he still has the plaque or certificate that came with it. Ste Prescott from Downholland Lancs, it was a silver long wheelbase stratocruiser 410 ■■■■■■■■ side skirts & alloy wheels. Think they were also leather interior, he traded it in to the Seddon dealer at Warrington(Was it Ryland?) against a new alpha, don’t know where it went from there. Don’t TTX in Oldham have 1 on the show circuit?
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40903 for the Keedwell Strato.

Mine had a plaque both sides on the top panel of the sleeper.It was in cast metal with a pic of the silver night under which was written LTD Edition No2
of 11
Can`t see any plaque on that Keedwells one although it has got the side skirts

Just a reminder

greek:
thanks for the help chaps a little more info from me might help a bit the one i drove belonged to gallacher bros annfield plain K47 RCU when new it worked out of BICC at Wrexam for three yr`s then it was returned to NE it was a 4 wheeled unit 410 ■■■■■■■ & eton twin splitter The other one i new about at Castleford belonged to Gaffers but i dont know any specifics about it

think the strato was a O/D who, subbied for gaffers, it was silver and a 4x2 unit and it used to fly down the A1 on many a morning :wink:

Every time that Gaffers one Passed there was always a flash & a Wave.
Used to park on the road outside of Gaffers ocasionaly but never seemed to be in the yard when I was there

Hi Greek don’t recall Steve’s truck having the plaque on the outside of the cab, I think if i remember rightly was in the bottom corner of the windscreen inside the cab. Maybe it was operator choice where the badges were placed.

haulier:
Hi Greek don’t recall Steve’s truck having the plaque on the outside of the cab, I think if i remember rightly was in the bottom corner of the windscreen inside the cab. Maybe it was operator choice where the badges were placed.

I’m sure Steve’s truck did have them on the side somewhere, I remember seeing it for the first time outside Tyrewise and I’m certain it had a metal plaque on each side.

Ross.

PS, haulier, if you see Steve ask him if he remembers the furniture van getting a blow out & crossing the central reservation of the M58 right in front of him, if he does see if he remembers who he was following. :wink:

Hey Greek my dad as an owner driver ran a stratocruiser H561 ANL it had a 400 ■■■■■■■ and twin splitter, i remember being with him in Spain when it was a couple of years old waiting to load and an owner driver from the North west maybe Lancashire somewhere turned up with a brand new Silvernight 410 ■■■■■■■ polished alloys leather seats and a big night painted on the deflector kit witch i think they all had ?

As mentioned by someone else in the book A THOUSAND MILES FROM NOWHERE they travelled to Moscow in a Silvernight beloning to Fransens from Kidderminster !

And i’m sure TTX transport from Oldam have one i seen it at a truckshow last year 4x2 stratocruiser with sideskirts painted green !

Hi Ross, i’ll certainly ask Steve about that, he’s put the reg plate off his silver knight onto his current Merc. I just can’t recall anything on the side of the cab, but it is going back quite a few years. He left it silver for quite a while then painted it in his own colours maybe around 1995?

Matty Gallachers had 5 of the 400 stato`s & yes that one I had the Silver Night painted on the top of the Fairing will have a look might have a pic with it showing

post the full article about it greek if you want :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yeh Thanks Dreva would love to read it

Spoke to Steve Prescot today and he confirmed that his was number 10 of the 11 made, he also confirmed that I was mistaken in that he never fitted the plaque to his truck and still has it today.

Ross.

will put it up for you greek :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

here you go mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

enjoy