Security cameras

i work in the security industry moving cash around (im a lorry driver) so it goes with out saying there are security cameras every where i go even in the truck, im concerned my employer is using the cameras to watch if im doing my job correctly and to issue disciplinary action, i got hauled in the office this morning,and im now on a 5 week improvement notice, just wondering can an employer use such devices to watch you at work and give out disciplinary action

heliguy10:
i work in the security industry moving cash around (im a lorry driver) so it goes with out saying there are security cameras every where i go even in the truck, im concerned my employer is using the cameras to watch if im doing my job correctly and to issue disciplinary action, i got hauled in the office this morning,and im now on a 5 week improvement notice, just wondering can an employer use such devices to watch you at work and give out disciplinary action

I’d imagine they can mate, it’s not like you don’t know they are there and they have been spying on you, what exactly have you been doing that you shouldn’t have been doing??

Yes they can - in as much as it’s completely legal. It’s no different to a CCTV camera in an office really. It’s a bit picky, but I can almost expect it with large cash movements, restricted drugs etc.

If you’ve really been dropping the ball then it’s fair game - but not really if its finding flaws in real life driving…

heliguy10:

probably anything he / she wants as long as you are informed of such equipment and what its used for. it would be no different than a worker in a asda store being covered by all the cctv equipment.

Come on, fess up, wot you binn doin’ man.

Your employer’s completely within his rights. If they pick up something during “routine monitoring” and make a ‘reasonable request’ (god, i hate management bumf) that an employee act in a certain manner then you’re probably best off smiling and getting on with it.

If you want to get pernickety I seem to remember there are certain rules regarding cctv in the workplace including correct signage to tell you what’s going on, including the name of your companies ‘data controller’ (may not be the exact term, can’t recall). Plus only certain people may view this footage so if your boss has Olga the agency secretary trawling the monitors he’s being naughty. Failure to comply with this stuff is a breach of the data protection act. A mate and I looked into this after a similar situation a couple of jobs ago. Data protection act may help but it’s awful heavy going. The exception to this is covert cameras (like this one!), employers have to be very careful indeed with them.

Given the fact you’re carrying cash it does beg the question “what do you expect?”

Were you texting or using the phone or rolling a ■■■ or smoking one while driving?
TNUK CSI will investigate this case.

this is streight of there disciplinary sheet, i was observed whist in our slough depot operating tail lift button not wearing ppe gloves :laughing: :laughing: and jumping off tail lift, whilst approx 1 foot off the floor, ive asked to see the vid this morning and guess what, they cant produce it :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: i think some ones getting bored in the office…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
And there was me thinking I was the only one getting told off for “pressing buttons he shouldn’t”…
Don’t bring your hand into view at a nobbies depot FFS… You can’t touch, look at, or stand around anything there. It’s like the searchlight circles in Colditz boardgame… Gotta keep moving, straight across…

No filming, Mobiles, social media posts, etc whilst on their property either. :frowning:

Doing what we do I always assume I’m being watched and in the current climate wouldn’t do anything to give the chair warmers an excuse to get rid

The UK is turning in to a ■■■■ Gestapo regime.Next will be how long spent in the loo,how many sheets of bog paper used.
One day employers will have cctv in your house to see what you do and record if you slag them off at home.
George Orwell and his book came true.Big Brother.

heliguy10:
this is streight of there disciplinary sheet, i was observed whist in our slough depot operating tail lift button not wearing ppe gloves :laughing: :laughing: and jumping off tail lift, whilst approx 1 foot off the floor, ive asked to see the vid this morning and guess what, they cant produce it :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: i think some ones getting bored in the office…

please address all CVs to mr WAYNE KERR IN THE OFFICE! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: no it’s not alright and not legal either, :sunglasses: AS THIS PROVES THEYRE SPYING! :laughing: find another job pal! :smiley:

Fatboy slimslow:

heliguy10:

please address all CVs to mr WAYNE KERR IN THE OFFICE! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: no it’s not alright and not legal either, :sunglasses: AS THIS PROVES THEYRE SPYING! :laughing: find another job pal! :smiley:

but if you had slipped or tripped you’d be having a claim in no doubt…

nick2008:
probably anything he / she wants as long as you are informed of such equipment and what its used for. it would be no different than a worker in a asda store being covered by all the cctv equipment.

I think it is different, because a camera at ASDA does not just monitor one single person all of the time, and an ASDA worker would not expect privacy or solitude in his job. If I want to talk to myself, sing, pick my nose or knock out a quick J Arthur then I ought to be able to do that without some stuffed shirt inspecting me while I do. :stuck_out_tongue:

yes they can, and there will be many others who dont even realise they are being monitored…

i,m an ex security manager and 10-15 years ago the company i worked for used to supply mobile guys to monitor drivers that were carrying high value loads,

heliguy10:

sure they can because they have proof your breaking the rules, but if you have not been trained they cant complain. :wink:

Got them on our buses.

Harry Monk:

nick2008:

I think it is different, because a camera at ASDA does not just monitor one single person all of the time, and an ASDA worker would not expect privacy or solitude in his job. If I want to talk to myself, sing, pick my nose or knock out a quick J Arthur then I ought to be able to do that without some stuffed shirt inspecting me while I do. :stuck_out_tongue:

No privacy doing what he’s doing mate you go where they say when they using the route they say and if you deviate from this then expect an arv poking his nose in wanting to know why you aint where you are supposed to be

heliguy10:

Priceless. What is the world coming to…