Securicor Trafford Park

:unamused: Any of you container folks get caught up here tonight? Got there at 1515 and travelled half a mile to find the end of the queue and then finally got in the gate at 1830 to get the box off. Never seen it that bad before. Thought I was at So’ton :open_mouth:

Brgds

Speedy

There you go again Speedy, rushing about again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Best Regards
Trev

Speedy:
:roll: Thought I was at So’ton

If the queue was anything like as long as it usually is, you more than likely were!!! :open_mouth:

Well it’s funny this place should come up in conversation…

I got here about lunchtime today (Friday) to get a 20’GP OOCL box off for storage and there were about half a dozen waiting outisde on the road. I pulled up behind a wagon and drag and a Duncan Adams (SN53JBV) Premium pulled up behind me with a Securicor TGA behind him.

The queue moved along and the wagon and drag got far enough in to go round the back of the container stacks so I followed suit and pulled up behind but kept as close to the offside stacks as possible in case the box lifter needed to get in whilst I was booking in at the office.

Booked in, walked out of the office and saw the Duncan Adams and the Securicor pull in and drive straight past my wagon and pull up behind the wag & drag which had moved up 20ft instead of behind me, basically hoping I wouldn’t notice that they were both jumping the queue.

I went back to the wagon, reversed it up, pulled round the TGA and pulled far enough round the corner of the stacks so that the Duncan Adams couldn’t get his trailer round because I was blocking him. I told the guy who checks the boxes what had happened and he said for us to sort it out between ourselves.

The Duncan Adams driver got out of his cab, came over and I told him to back up and get back behind me as he’d jumped the queue. He wouldn’t so as I couldn’t get the box round the corner and he couldn’t get his round we both sat there… and sat there… and sat there.

Eventually the box checker guy told me to back up and let the Duncan Adams through to which I politely said no way and told him to get the Securicor to back up then the Duncan has got space to back up and let me through to my original position in the queue as having come through the gate. No joy.

15 minutes down the line and nothing was happening because no-one could get in or out, the manager came over and told me to back up or I wouldn’t get the box lifted off. Still unphased I refused and told him to get the D/A to back up.

Much heated discussion later he went and phoned Bornholms up who we pull for and tried to get them to get me to move. No way.

So, leaving us both sat there, the box lifter managed to get in to lift Securicors box off and he then reversed out allowing the D/A to reverse, but he wouldn’t.

The manager came over and told him to reverse and let me through but unknown to me must’ve told him that I’d get left waiting whilst they lifted his box off. Determined that this [zb] of a driver wasn’t going to get away with jumping the queue and get out before me I watched him disappear round the back of the stacks in a sly attempt to sneak out in front of me. So I waited for him to appear round the corner and then drove across the front of him to block him from getting out.

The manager came out again and told me to move or he’d get the police (unlikely as it’s private property) so I refused to budge. The next thing I know is that an empty 20ft box is dropped tight behind me and then the D/A driver reverses and disappears out of the gate :imp:

After he’d gone they put a box in front of me as well so that I couldn’t go forward or backwards.

After having spoke to Bornholm’s and told them that there was no way they were going to lift the box off I told them they’d have to find somewhere to get it lifted off sharpish or I’d be bringing it back to our yard. No amount of telling me that they would lift it off eventually was helping so I put it in reverse and shoved the empty box out of the way with the trailer much to the disgust of the Securicor staff and management and drove out and got it lifted off at Freightliner.

I don’t care how much of a rush a driver is in, we all want to get home at a sensible time on a Friday but deliberately jumping the queue is no way to go about it. If you were in Tesco’s and all the queue’s for the check-outs were stuffed you wouldn’t get away with trying to barge your way in to the front of the queue there and there’s no way that anyone’s going to easily get away with it with me on the road either.

I’ve made a good mental note of the vehicle’s reg’n and if I ever see it parked up anywhere on my travels, the secateurs I carry with me will be going straight through his air-line and then he won’t be going anywhere fast.

What happened to the days when drivers used to help each other out and have respect and consideration for each other. :unamused:

Not subtle enough.L. :wink:

:grimacing: well done lad i agree with what you did . as for socl/dhl

they are a bunch of(zb). i started for them on the 01 sep03
and had jacked by 26th oct 03 they would not back any driver up .
i had never done containers in my life . and will not again . i have held my hgv 1+2 for ten years and they never even showed me how to shrink or stretch a trailer . but the big lad in the yard was always ok with me and the straddler lads. but they should have said to d/a get to the back of the q but then again some people think they have a divine right !!!

regards

rick

edited for language mrs mix if you have to use stars to get it past the censor it’s a good clue it’s not allowed :wink:

Now i know why the staff at container handling depots treat all drivers as if they were small children! I’am only suprised that didn’t you get out and give the other drivers a chinese burn. :unamused:

milky bar kid:
Now i know why the staff at container handling depots treat all drivers as if they were small children! I’am only suprised that didn’t you get out and give the other drivers a chinese burn. :unamused:

They dont all treat us like children, most of them are pretty good and would have told the other two to wait their turn. The muppets in Trafford Park have always been the same.