secure parking

any body know of any secure parking nr Ibrox stadium got a 8am del tuesday morning will be there late monday afternoon

Put a bowler hat, a pair of white gloves and a sash in your window and you will be fine parked near Ibrox. If you could arrange for your trailer or fleet number to be 1690 then that will be a bonus and add an extra level of security.

Westway ,Portefield road, Renfrew PA4 8DJ is only a few miles along the road from Ibrox.
I’m not sure what facilities are available , it’s a bit to close to me to be a nightout location but it looks to be pretty secure.
The lorry park is located within the westway business center witch used to be Mitsui Babcock and is about 2miles from the M8.

Coffeeholic:
Put a bowler hat, a pair of white gloves and a sash in your window and you will be fine parked near Ibrox. If you could arrange for your trailer or fleet number to be 1690 then that will be a bonus and add an extra level of security.

think you will find that a lot of the ‘other side’ inhabitat the slum area around ibrox! rangers fans are generally found in the more affluent areas! :wink: :wink:

regarding parking, if it is a value load, you are probably better stopping short, possibly red moss on the old road between abington and cairn lodge

Anyone know if the parking in paisley is still open,over 10yrs since ive been.
regards dave.
P.S.Mind you it never was what you would call secure,just a thought. :blush: :blush:

dafdave:
regards dave.
P.S.Mind you it never was what you would call secure,just a thought. :blush: :blush:

Yeh mate parking still available but resturant is long gone.

dafdave:
regards dave.

I remember that one, I have pulled a few heavy loads out of there :laughing: Park overnight, load whisky, next stop Dover Ferry

alfa man:

dafdave:
regards dave.

Yeh mate parking still available but resturant is long gone.

Parking only and i think there are cameras but wether they work or not is a different story!! Only a short walk into town plenty places to eat.

alfa man:
Westway ,Portefield road, Renfrew PA4 8DJ is only a few miles along the road from Ibrox.
I’m not sure what facilities are available , it’s a bit to close to me to be a nightout location but it looks to be pretty secure.
The lorry park is located within the westway business center witch used to be Mitsui Babcock and is about 2miles from the M8.

Not parked there for about a year now but is secure with fencing,gateman & cameras etc,also there was/perhaps still is a decent canteen, good showers & toilets on site,couple of bars within walking distance though if you’re not comfortable with the area it could be a night in the cab. I always went for a beer or two without any prob’s however. Walneuk Rd was always a cracking spot years ago but as quoted earlier there’s no security & The Stags Head is long closed unfortunately.

If I can find the link to the Scottish Truck Park site I’ll post it, there’s a phone number on there for Westway.

freightscotland.org/lorryparks.aspx

The details for Westway are on here.

Maybe things have changed in 12 years but when I drove over there if I had a high risk /value load and couldn’t find secure parking I would go to the police station. Every time I did they would help me, either finding a secure lorry park or making other arrangements.
Once in an area in Lancashire (can’t remember the exact town) I asked at a police station, they couldn’t find a secure park so had me park in the police compound.
In Colchester they couldn’t find any secure parking so the put me in the lorry park at the bottom of the hill and had a police car parked next to my lorry all night :slight_smile:
One night in Brighton and running out of time they signed my tacho chart and let me run way over my hours to go to Newhaven docks and park inside the customs area.
And incase you were wondering ? … I was carrying TV’s and Video recorders etc.

Things have changed.

How did you get on? Where did you choose in the end & was it okay?

ended up outside the place i tipped at ,they tipped me 12 hrs early had a right result , doors open no problem shearer candles well done