Secure parking in and around Madrid

Hi all, just discovered this site and I am desperate for information on a secure overnight parking near Madrid. I will be taking two trucks over next week and they must be parked overnight securely, any info will be greatly appreciated amny thanks Rob.

the ctm (i think its called, central transport madrid?) is good, security on site, not sure how much it costs because ours is paid up front, im just trying to remember what otorway number its off, but it is signposted

There is a secure truck park on the Coslada industrial area - access via the M40 NOT the M45.

Address: Calle Luxemburgo, 21 28820 COSLADA

For a list of main Centro’s de Transporte in Spain follow this link:

http://www.infoagro.com/logistica/transporte/centros_transporte.asp

I would say that the last time I went there it was quite expensive - about 2 euros per hour, but it might be cheaper overnight. There is a bar/restaurant on site too.

Hombre:
There is a secure truck park on the Coslada industrial area - access via the M40 NOT the M45.

Address: Calle Luxemburgo, 21 28820 COSLADA

For a list of main Centro’s de Transporte in Spain follow this link:

http://www.infoagro.com/logistica/transporte/centros_transporte.asp

I would say that the last time I went there it was quite expensive - about 2 euros per hour, but it might be cheaper overnight. There is a bar/restaurant on site too.

Thanks for the link, it will be very useful
the price was about €35 a day I seem to remember…Food and facilities were not very nice, but Fred’s is only a 5 minute walk and although a bit expensive the food is good and showers are OK to

the best place i find is the secure park in coslada next to the iveco factory. 24hr security and freds is just round the corner for a good meal and shower etc…

Freds is now shut - or was last time I was there 9 months ago.

Thanks a lot guys, very helpful indeed, first time abroad in a truck, there are two of us going down to fuengirolla, is there anything else I should be concerned about, any tips you can give us please, once again thank you,

Hombre, I have just noticed where you are located, I am doing a job down in fuengirolla for 4 days for television and would welcome any tips on driving down there also on the location please, anything that you can think of which will help us out, we are driving two rigids and both a bit old.
thank you

barcud:
Thanks a lot guys, very helpful indeed, first time abroad in a truck, there are two of us going down to fuengirolla, is there anything else I should be concerned about, any tips you can give us please, once again thank you,

I don’t know where you are planning to stop around Fuengirola, but most British trucks park as “Dunns” on the side of the road, oppersite the Aqua park, it is just off the A7 first exit heading south after foot bridge…If you park there, do not park away from the road running parralel with the motorway.

For a shower you can use the services at Benalmadena or the Centre de transport in Malaga, these ones are better, just off junction 65 on the A357 on the right passed the garage.

I will be there next weekend (I think) so look out for me :smiley:

barcud:

The “London Bar” down on the front by the harbour is a good place to “relax and unwind” …or it was the last time I went down that way which was about 10 or 11 years ago!! :wink:

barcud:
Hombre, I have just noticed where you are located, I am doing a job down in fuengirolla for 4 days for television and would welcome any tips on driving down there also on the location please, anything that you can think of which will help us out, we are driving two rigids and both a bit old.
thank you

Fuengirola is about 10 minutes from where Im sitting now, so anything you need to know you can give me a bell. Ive sent you a PM with my phone number.

The only thing i would say is if the trucks are quite old is make sure the cooling systems are in good working order - the climbs up the mountains are pretty steep and can be very long. Typically 4 - 15 km of between 3 and 5% gradients.

I dont know where you plan on parking once you are here, but you can park up pretty much anywhere without being bothered either by the Police or the locals - to find a descent parking slot use the N340 (coast road) from Benalmadena to Fuengirola.

Hombre:
Freds is now shut - or was last time I was there 9 months ago.

he is definately open, one of our drivers was there on Tuesday, he is closed on Saterdays

Ooops! Sorry Fred!! he must have been on Hols or something last time I was there.

Fred’s is open, was there last monday, call him if there are couple of you and he will get you if he is not too busy. 0034699977211, i’ts better for a shower than the secure parking, and the food is better, plus the man is a diamond.