Second attempt at test

Pre test day nerves I have my second attempt at my class 2 Monday morning after failing miserably last Monday on the reversing exercise.
I picked some minors up on the hour drive that I have learnt from, I know what am walking I to this time and REALY do know what standard of driving to expect. I have two hours practice before test after a week of not driving,
If any thing if have learnt try gain as much training as possible as developing the skills to drive a hgv at test level is no walk over.
I think if worst comes to worst & I fail a second time it’s time hang up the licence and go back to nine till five with my head low & a dent in the pocket :blush:

:smiley:

image.jpg

I would say that for most it is not the training but how the candidate FEELS on the test

Most candidates put pressure on themselves to pass the test which then leads to stress and nerves which in turn causes some of the brain power to go to mush

Being in the right mental zone is the key to passing the test IMO as lack of adequate training is very rare … now I sound like a ZEN master :laughing:

I am one of those weird people who actually like driving tests be they DSA or advanced ones so treat every one of them as FUN
I also have the type of thinking that says either I have the skill to do it so I will or I do not have so I wont

I agree with ROG. I know it’s easy to say but getting past the nerves is a big part of it. If you have the confidence of knowing you can pass the test and nailing the reverse then u can pass it easy. I only had my test last week but I looked forward to it and enjoyed it. I chatted with the examiner and felt at ease. If you relax then your driving should be fine. As for the reverse what did you mess up so badly?

Class 2 ■■? You taken the test before so you know what to expect take your time and enjoy the drive after all its not a race. Good luck

Pete you already know how to drive a class2 or your instructor wouldnt put you in for the test, on the day think of the examiner as your instructor and its another lesson keep your head clear dont overthink everything do it as you have on your lesson and you will be fine and good luck.

Jeff

benbailey81:
I agree with ROG. I know it’s easy to say but getting past the nerves is a big part of it. If you have the confidence of knowing you can pass the test and nailing the reverse then u can pass it easy. I only had my test last week but I looked forward to it and enjoyed it. I chatted with the examiner and felt at ease. If you relax then your driving should be fine. As for the reverse what did you mess up so badly?

I reversed over cone b was nervous had my positioning wrong, on my training I got it right every time, I think this is what maybe played a part because I knew I nailed it in practise I let slip on test day.

had my positioning wrong

This happens too often! The reason, IMO, is that everyone is trained to arrive at cones A and A1 well to the left - leaving a nice margin for the drivers’ side front wheel to work in before it tramples the yellow border line.

Then, on test, the examiner produces a diagram showing the vehicle central between the cones. And this misleads the candidate into thinking that’s how it’s got to be.

As always, stick to what you’ve been taught. If youv’e been trained correctly and you stick to it, you will pass.

Best of luck for tomorrow. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well I passed this morning at atherton near wigan, nailed the reverse exressise this’s time & had a great drive was relaxed and confident I picked a couple of minors up al that I can learn from.

Next is cpc module 4 next Monday fingers crossed plenty of revision time.

:smiley: :smiley: