Seatbelts.

Paul Gloria Meadows:
I wear mine all the time I’m driving. Feels really wierd if I don’t.

x3 Just not worth taking the chance

If seatbelts are fitted ,wear them, breaking the law if you dont . . . isnt it?

A mate was fined last week for not wearing his seatbelt in his 05 DAF.
Trouble was, There was bolt holes for them in all the right places, but there wasn`t any seatbelts fitted!!

i got done for seatbelt 2/3 years ago in the truck 30 quid no points i was aware that the fine had gone up but is there points aswell now?

Paul Gloria Meadows:
I wear mine all the time I’m driving. Feels really wierd if I don’t.

X4, I need to learn to put it on before puling away though otherwise I’m going to drop myself in it. I notice a lot of trucks are coming out with Red belts nowadays, a salesman reckoned some buyers specify them so they could see when drivers weren’t wearing them.

Someone I know was recently done for no belt & got a warning for having previously been seen by the same copper driving while holding the phone. I think he got a spot fine for the belt & now wears his belt but it hasn’t stopped him using the phone while driving. He was using his bosses phone, with hands free kits available so cheap there’s no excuse for him not having one.

BB

I can’t wear a seatbelt as it triggers a chest spasm that makes it extremely difficult and painful to breathe. I am a Seatbelt Exemption Certificate holder as a consequence. Wish I could wear one, though.

My neighbour, who is also a LGV driver, collared me the other day and told me that he has received two separate £60 fines through the post for not wearing his seatbelt. He was caught on the A617 travelling towards Mansfield just after the M1 by a camera van!!! He says he thinks it was just a normal speed camera van, but he definatly wasn’t speeding and they got him solely for the seatbelt on two seperate occasions. Anyone else heard of this? Although I always wear mine, some don’t, so be careful when passing police camera vehicles of any kind.

Limestone Cowboy:
My neighbour, who is also a LGV driver, collared me the other day and told me that he has received two separate £60 fines through the post for not wearing his seatbelt. He was caught on the A617 travelling towards Mansfield just after the M1 by a camera van!!! He says he thinks it was just a normal speed camera van, but he definatly wasn’t speeding and they got him solely for the seatbelt on two seperate occasions. Anyone else heard of this? Although I always wear mine, some don’t, so be careful when passing police camera vehicles of any kind.

Did he get any photos proving that he wasn’t wearing one?

When I was studying to be a Special Constable with the West Mercia Constabulary, I learned that there was pressure applied to manufacturers to make seat belts on large vehicles a colour other than black, as this made them easier to see - in respect of the driver wearing. I also vaguely remember that the law states it must be warn with the exception of :-

I. Where medical exemption is sought. This has to be certified by a doctor in conjunction with the DSA.
II. Where the driver makes frequent stops ie a postman or multidrop driver. I cant for the life of me remember what the criteria was.
III. Vehicles being driven by / or for the use of the Military or by the Emergency Services.

Moose:
i got done for seatbelt 2/3 years ago in the truck 30 quid no points i was aware that the fine had gone up but is there points aswell now?

no, it’s non-endorseable.

Suedehead:
If seatbelts are fitted ,wear them, breaking the law if you dont . . . isnt it?

Its not tbreaking the law if you are carrying out a delivery job and are driving no more than 50 meters between delivery points. Unless it has changed in the last few years.

I used to be a postie and we were allowed to drive when on rural deliveries without seat belts f
From delivery point to delivery point as long as it was inside the 50meter distance. Any further and we had to buckle up. Royal mail bosses tried a scheme whe we had to belt up whenever we were driving but it was sup rising how much extra time it added to our deliveries almost 1 hour on a 3hr 45min delivery making it 4 hours 45mins and overtime territory

In my car I buckle up all the time and i will do in a lorry too.

thats ok then as i dont wear one most of the time in the car or truck and in the landrover never!

I very rarely (almost never) wear mine. Both in the truck and the car.

Was stopped by a copper in one of our vans the other week, and for the 5 mins I was chatting to the copper, he never noticed that I wasn’t wearing my seatbelt.

if it was law to wear reflective bubble wrap whilst driving some do gooder would do as told and say it may save your life!
mind you so would not crashing in the first place!

working at one place a driver said he doesn’t wear one
but if any thing happens I’m in that bunk.

now how are you going to climb up and jump in to the bunk behind you in a fraction of a second??