Searching for jobs!

Hi All,

Passed my class 2 towards the end of last year and now want to get some value out of it as I’m just not getting the experience that I hoped for where I’m currently working. Trawling through all the jobs listed online seem to be with agencies. I’m looking for something permanent (I think!) so was wondering if there was any way of telling from the ad if the job was directly with the end company or full time for the agency? Also, what’s it like being on the books full time for an agency rather than employed directly by the company?

Cheers in advance!

Take whatever work you can from agencies weather it be temp or permanent.
Just to build that experience.

While at it keep letting other companies you exsit by either by applying for vacancies or sending in CV giving them a call etc
Companies like brakes, bidvest etc are known to give new pass drivers a chance.

If the same company appears many times in the same job search then you can be virtually guaranteed it is agency

Thanks for the advice - better start getting in amongst it!

Pull up google ,search local haulage companies near you.email them a cv and nice covering letter
I got a full time job doing this .my first lgv job .

Or if you have a quiet day, call in with CV and letter, actually seeing someone in the flesh is a big plus point from an emoyers pov.

Drop in as many transport depots as possible, an employer would rather employ you from your first impression rather than an email, make the effort and people will see you are worth it, Good luck.

I also passed my test at the end of last year.

I got signed up to an agency today and have appointments for two more this week and I’ve also been in contact with local companies direct as other have suggested above.

As you will probably have noticed by now is that it’s all about experience for employers so take what you can to get it.