Sealane

Just wondering if anybody is on for Sealane at Lydden currently or recently, just after a bit of finer detail, the wage etc I can find out myself when I go speak to them in person, private message is fine if you would rather keep it low key.

Any feedback appreciated and will be kept in confidence…

Thank you in Advance.

I’ve done a bit for Sealane, as an employee of a Sealane subby, maybe five years ago.

it’s a bit of a strange set-up. Everybody at Lydden is fine, really nice, but the office is in Hertfordshire and the traffic planners are the most arrogant, toffee-nosed twerps you will ever have the misfortune to listen to. They are all 22-year-old university graduates, you may have been driving a truck before they were even born but they won’t miss an opportunity to let you know how much more they know about the job than you do and how superior to you they are.

They talk to drivers in the most supercilious and patronising way imaginable. And every other driver I spoke to at Sealane said the same. When I was there, there was only one decent bloke in the traffic office, a guy called Ashleigh, and they drove him out simply because he spoke to drivers in a decent way.

Personally, I’d sooner sleep in a cardboard box than work for Sealane, although I do appreciate that some folk may have more positive reviews.

I hear the money is ok but expect a lot of weekends often saw the heading the wrong way in Germany on a Friday aft . I think the per meant add on a employment site may give you a good idea tho

Cant speak for now but a few years ago my eldest lad had a truck on with Sealane running over the water but one day he got so fed up with all the aggro he came out of the yard and bounced home solo. He then got a job on Felixstowe dock and hasn’t looked back since although he kept the truck and still have it so if anyone wants a '93 Magnum with a 500hp Mack in it let me know as I might be on to a bit of commission. :slight_smile:

Harry ,Chester ,Ray,

Appreciate the heads up , shall keep an open mind and weigh up if the good points stack up against the bad at this stage,

Cheer’s Steve