Seaham harbour - a warning

This should probably be in the overnight parking section but I think it will probably be seen by more people in here. The hard standing area on the seafront where wagons used to park is now closed to hgvs. Big boulders have been placed on each corner of the entrance to make it pretty much impossible to get a wagon in. So last week when I was leading onto a boat up there md and another driver parked on the Spectrum Enterprise Park just opposite the dock gates. Nice place I thought as only a short walk into town for a couple of beers and some food. However, woke up next morning and my mate who was parked behind me had had his diesel tank drained. I was the lucky one as my diesel tank is on opposite side to his and we were parked tight up to a wall. He reckons they got about 300 litres so no profit for him this week. Spoke to another driver in the dock office that morning and he’d had exactly the same a couple of weeks ago. Thought I’d warn people on here in case you’re up in that area. Cheers.

Be reasonable - the council don’t want nasty lorries parked up on their seafront do they?

There should be a list of councils who reckon trucks are a blott on their landscape and truckers should boycott delivering to stores in and around their area, they would soon change their minds about trucks when the councilors can’t find enough goodies for their after meeting parties - tw*ts in my opinion.

brados:
Be reasonable - the council don’t want nasty lorries parked up on their seafront do they?

There should be a list of councils who reckon trucks are a blott on their landscape and truckers should boycott delivering to stores in and around their area, they would soon change their minds about trucks when the councilors can’t find enough goodies for their after meeting parties - tw*ts in my opinion.

+1

Be quicker to list the ones that are truck freindly, …ohh wait thats not a list its an empty page :smiling_imp:

The security guard on the dock said the police had asked the council to block it off as there was diesel getting nicked out if wagons every night and it was causing a lot of trouble, probably just an excuse they gave but you never know!

I think councils are being short sighted when closing town centre lorry parks. Most towns are dead during the week but if you have 20 trucks parked in a town centre I would say st least half of the drivers will use the pubs/takeaways/supermarkets etc so therefore it is good for the local businesses. Pontefract lorry park is consistently busy with around 30-40 trucks and I’ve noticed most of the drivers wandering up into town for something to eat or drink.

toowise:
Be quicker to list the ones that are truck freindly, …ohh wait thats not a list its an empty page :smiling_imp:

Would it have the words ‘Page left blank intentionally’ on it?

Love that, not really a blank page is it…

Anyway, back to that comment of the trucks not delivering, they’re out to stop trucks parking whilst waiting, or using short cuts etc, can’t blame them really, Not In My Back Yard :wink:

xfmatt:
The security guard on the dock said the police had asked the council to block it off as there was diesel getting nicked out if wagons every night and it was causing a lot of trouble, probably just an excuse they gave but you never know!

That’s quite a plausible explanation. Unfortunately parked trucks attract crime and criminal low life. Freight theft and diesel dipping. All these “crimes” look bad on the statistics for the town. Remove the lorries and reduce the stats, all looks good on paper and all that. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah, easy way out. Why not just have few bobbies covertly on watch for a couple of nights and nick the thieves in the act?

Driveroneuk:
Yeah, easy way out. Why not just have few bobbies covertly on watch for a couple of nights and nick the thieves in the act?

Because then they would have to equate the clear-up rates against the crime rate and that would need brains. If they had brains to start with they would have worked that out for themselves :laughing:

xfmatt:
The security guard on the dock said the police had asked the council to block it off as there was diesel getting nicked out if wagons every night and it was causing a lot of trouble,

:unamused: surely the coppers are the biggest nimby’s in this case, do they think that the crims are going to stop nicking the diesel just because the trucks arn’t parked there, surely they’re just going to end up finding trucks that have been scattered to wherever they end up overnighting and carry on their thieving, the coppers are just hoping its not on their patch, lazy [zb]s.

Big Joe:

xfmatt:
The security guard on the dock said the police had asked the council to block it off as there was diesel getting nicked out if wagons every night and it was causing a lot of trouble,

:unamused: surely the coppers are the biggest nimby’s in this case, do they think that the crims are going to stop nicking the diesel just because the trucks arn’t parked there, surely they’re just going to end up finding trucks that have been scattered to wherever they end up overnighting and carry on their thieving, the coppers are just hoping its not on their patch, lazy [zb]s.

Have a think!..People always use ‘Police told me to not let that lorry in last week’ excuse. Do you think the local force wants TFMV ( Theft from motor vehicle ) on there stats?, NOPE.

If you always believe what you hear, then your in trouble

You can park a lorry down any street in the uk and the fuel will still get nicked.

i park down lots of streets and dont get my diesel nicked mickeyblue

happysack:
i park down lots of streets and dont get my diesel nicked mickeyblue

figure of speech :unamused:

Driveroneuk:

This day and age, that won’t happen due to cut backs with staff etc.

undetected crime looks bad on a police force, but a detected crime looks better

mickyblue:

Driveroneuk:

sure the crime of smacking a diesel thief with an iron bar would soon be detected. coppers = lazy ■■■■■

happysack:

mickyblue:

Driveroneuk:

sure the crime of smacking a diesel thief with an iron bar would soon be detected. coppers = lazy [zb]

Yeah, as that is assault, but if you can prove he was attacking you, then you are within your rights to use force back. HTH

mickyblue:

happysack:

mickyblue:

Driveroneuk:

sure the crime of smacking a diesel thief with an iron bar would soon be detected. coppers = lazy [zb]

Yeah, as that is assault, but if you can prove he was attacking you, then you are within your rights to use force back. HTH

The real answer to it is to report any and every bit of crime or suspected to crime to the cops, the big problem these days is that people just think “what’s the point, they won’t do anything”, the gvt then looks at the figures and reduces police numbers accordingly. Insist that the crime is recorded.

brados:

mickyblue:

happysack:

mickyblue:

Driveroneuk:

The real answer to it is to report any and every bit of crime or suspected to crime to the cops, the big problem these days is that people just think “what’s the point, they won’t do anything”, the gvt then looks at the figures and reduces police numbers accordingly. Insist that the crime is recorded.

Thank you!!!.

I have spoken to a number of drivers and have advised the same, the police need your help for the police to catch them. When the offenders have been caught red handed by the police, it is down to pure luck!.

it isn’t hard now days to report things, you don’t even need to leave your details, but everything is worth calling in. The number to call throughout the UK is 101, and if a crime is taking place, 999.

Secuirty guards always use ‘The police said this and that crap’ don’t listen to them!

mickyblue:
You can park a lorry down any street in the uk and the fuel will still get nicked.

Yeh, but if it does or it doesn’t, you will sure as hell get some ■■■■■■ of a copper nick you for parking without lights, even if the street is brightly lit up, where in the real world you are parked safely,… so it’s a no win situation isn’t it. :confused:

robroy:

mickyblue:

Yeh, but if it does or it doesn’t, you will sure as hell get some ■■■■■■ of a copper nick you for parking without lights, even if the street is brightly lit up, where in the real world you are parked safely, so no win situation is it.

Catch 22