SeaFrance Still On Strike

Yep, they are still at it…

Just been sat in Dover for 7 hours waiting for a boat, mainly coz of them but partly because of the weather.

Arrived at 0753hrs, and was booked onto the 1400 sailing to Dunkerque. Some behind me were being put on the 1600, and as i left they were putting people in lanes with a 2000hrs time in the window!

One question that does keep popping up though, as a UK International haulier, if you lose money due to Seafrance’s antics, can you make a claim off them??

Apparently they have a meeting tomorrow at 1200 and are hopeful of sorting this out then.

Here’s an idea :bulb:

Boycott SeaFrance, why companies continue to use them is beyond me :open_mouth:

They’re always striking about something & the spineless french govt keep on throwing subsidies at them, meanwhile a bunch of workshy militants hold the UK & it’s trade with the rest of Europe to ransom :exclamation:

All the hauliers that are suffering as a result should get together & sue the arse off them in a joint action & refuse to use them until it’s sorted :bulb:

This isn’t an anti French rant but sometimes I think we should’ve let the little man from Austria do his thing in the 40’s, don’t think they’d be striking then :exclamation: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I sadly got across quite quickly this morning. Arrive at the tunnel at 07:30 and took an hour to get to the machine to book on then another hour to wait for a train so was across and onto the motorway in France in just under 3 hours. Should get a bigger delay on the way back tomorrow morning if the weather kicks off again tonight. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

im on the shuttle in the morning !!!

i was stacked six hours last week

newmercman:
Boycott SeaFrance, why companies continue to use them is beyond me :open_mouth:

my thoughts exactly, but then all they’d do is knock a tenner off per crossing (subsidised by the french government) and firms would be straight back on there regardless - instead of sticking together like the, erm… er

instead of sticking together like the, erm… er

go on jj, you know you want to say it :laughing:

There not known as “SEACHANCE” for nothing. I`m shocked anyone can tell there on strike :laughing: :laughing:
I joined the back of the queue for the train yesterday, in france, at 1315… and pulled out of it at 1730 running out of time.
I started again this morning at 0600 and it still took me until 9am to get on a train. Poxy (insert own swear word) weather!!

Well, after missing the stack last week I got caught each way this week cos of using the poxy train. What really really fukked me off on Tuesday evening was after sitting for 4 hours to get thro the stack, there was only 10 (YES TEN!!! ) trucks on my train. Then Thursday morning, I went past the queue from the Calais side and came from the other direction, jumped the queue and still took four and a quarter hours to get in … then a half empty train again