Sea France Dover- Calais News 2.3.05

SeaFrance News

CALAIS UPDATE — 1700 hrs 2nd March

Dover — Calais

There are still severe delays in Dover, currently running at approximately 4 hours, and we anticipate these will remain for the time being. Due to the need for vessels to wait for an available berth in Calais, the crossing time is also taking considerably longer than the scheduled 90 minutes.

Calais — Dover

There are now severe delays in shipping from the port of Calais, currently running at approximately 4 hours, but once the vessel leaves the port the crossing times are unaffected. We will keep you updated on a regular basis throughout the period of disruption.

There are long delays at Dover port (7 hours) and operation stack is in progress, this is due to the ongoing situation with docking berths at the port of Calais,also severe weather conditions in the channel the port authority of dover has informed us that No 5 berth at calais will be out of action on 7th 8th & 9th march so again expect long delays next week check with your ferry operator before departure. :frowning:

Today’s Travel Report
03/03/2005

Message updated at 16:00 hours

Due to berthing restrictions at the Port of Calais, OPERATION STACK - THE QUEUING SYSTEM FOR FREIGHT VEHICLES, IS NOW IN PLACE ON THE M20.

ACCOMPANIED FREIGHT TRAFFIC WITH P&O FERRIES AND SEAFRANCE MUST USE THE M20, VEHICLES USING OTHER ROUTES, WILL BE REDIRECTED TO JOIN THE QUEUE. VEHICLES WILL THEN BE RELEASED FOR DOVER, AT INTERVALS AS AGREED BY KENT POLICE.

FREIGHT DRIVERS DROPPING TRAILERS MUST DISPLAY THE YELLOW OR BLUE ‘U’ LABEL, AS PREVIOUSLY SUPPLIED BY THE FERRY OPERATOR. ON ARRIVAL IN DOVER, PLEASE PROCEED DIRECTLY TO THE EASTERN DOCKS, WHERE SHIPPING DETAILS WILL BE CONFIRMED.

DUE TO THE HIGH LEVELS OF FREIGHT TRAFFIC, TOURIST TRAFFIC HEADING FOR THE PORT OF DOVER IS ADVISED TO USE THE A2/M2 ROUTE TO AVOID CONGESTION.

One or ours went out by tunnel today and was held in Operation Stack. He arrived at the back of the queue at 0400 and arrived in France at 1600.

I’m out on the tunnel tomorrow and if anything I’m expecting it to be worse.

Vince

Good luck Vince and the rest of you, to a degree im glad it was this week my govenor decided to lay us off :laughing:

03/03/2005 - 17:11:23
Eurotunnel Info: Delays at Eurotunnel
Eurotunnel are currently experiencing 6 hour delays on the UK Terminal (2 hours pre check-in and 4 hours on site) and 10 hours on the French Terminal (5 hours pre check-in and 5 hours on site).
This is due to the severe weather conditions and a technical problem on site.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
:frowning:

Cheers Kindle, but I can’t wait. This will only be my second trip this year and I loathe everything about driving in the UK.

We have suddenly experienced an upturn in continental work, and this tour I’m on should last all summer so that’s good news.

Are you looking for continental work? I can’t make any promises, but I do hear of stuff from time to time.

Vince

Same as yourself Vince, got no time for UK driving. Wouldnt mind doing a tour thou, i am a big music fan, although a lot of people tend not to think of punk and metal as music :laughing:
Would be interested if you came up with anything though :smiley:

Have you thought about
This?

Vince

I have Vince, as Trans Am Trucking are 10 mins up the road from here, but its all the messing around when you get a start, not getting your own truck, loads of double manning, getting ALL the c**p, and having to be there around 5 years or more until you are accepted by the other drivers. Unless thats just at Trans Am :confused: But it was enough to put me off really going for it. I actually met one of theres the other week, he wasnt a local driver from Norfolk, he pulled up beside me at the “new” services over the Belgian border which used to be a lay-by and asked me “is this Jabbeke?” :open_mouth: As they got a reputation for going all over Europe and beyond, i couldnt beleive what i was just asked :open_mouth: