ScrewFix Wincanton

Hi everyone I was just hoping to get some info on Screwfix as i’ve also seen over drivers asking also

I am currently working for Pertemps Sainsbury’s but have been offered a job at Screwfix.

I just want to know what i’m going into as some people said stay at Sainsbury’s some people have said go there.

I’ve seen the reviews but I always go in on my own approach but would like to know more about the job and is it worthwhile as i’m only 24 and want to make sure Its a job I can really get stuck in with.

Thank you

Thought you posted one the other day.Careful may end up on pre mod posting the same thing.

Hi I did thanks but was told to post it on the pros page.

Thank you

@wheelsofcardiff
The op posted the first in the newbie forum & was advised to post in here. They have posted here, maybe not realising that the original has been moved.

To the o/p Screwfix is part of the kingfisher group iirc & my daughter found them pretty decent employers, however if the transport is contracted out to a logistics company that may not be the case.

Screwfix appears to be smaller outlets with delivery point in car parks, often shared with other outlets. Looks like most stock is delivered on pallets, in box trailers, which is likely to involve taillifts. Same for Sainsbugs at smaller outlets.

In truth there probably isn’t much between them so which ever YOU feel more comfortable with.

Wincanton run transport out of Stoke, Stafford and Lichfield (?) I think they had/have another in that area which was opened to deal with pandemic volumes.
If you want H&S Wincanton/Screwfix is the place for you.

Sixties boy:
Wincanton run transport out of Stoke, Stafford and Lichfield (?) I think they had/have another in that area which was opened to deal with pandemic volumes.
If you want H&S Wincanton/Screwfix is the place for you.

I delivered gas there last week some jumped up Hitler jumped out infront of my truck because I turned my hazards off [emoji23] bunch of absolute idiots. Also had to sign my name for a bloody key!!

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk