Screwfix Stafford

Hi Guys

Anyone got any experience of driving for screwfix Stafford ?
Looking to move from current employer and they are fairly local, seem to be growing and are advertising on site for drivers, asked at the office and the say they are always after drivers so just wondered if this was because they are growing and expanding - or because they are not good employers and are unable to hold on to drivers ■■?

Comments and advice please guys !!

I’ve moved this topic to where it can be better seen and discussed. dd. :smiley:

The transport at Screwfix Stafford, is actually operated by Wincanton. The money OK at 29.5k and it relatively clean work, although there likely to be some handballing, with the diverse stock Screwfix carry. As to what they expect for their money, only someone currently in there can tell you that. Probably worth going to an interview though, if it fairly local to you.

Try Culina Stafford I think they’re looking too.

thanks for the replies, done some culina work, about 6 years ago, reasonably good clean work, mite be worth a speculative CV :wink:

16 drivers left en masse to go work at jaguar Land Rover hence why they are advertising,I was told they left for better money and location rather than issues at Screwfix.

Screwfix is allegedly a very good place to work,but shifts are similar to that of cullina (mid morning starts ect) and this is what puts people off.

Up here in Glasgow, its B&Q trucks that deliver to screwfix stores. I think it’s because they are both part of the same company. Not sure if its the same deal down south.

bald bloke:
Try Culina Stafford I think they’re looking too.

Culina are definitely looking, I was in there on Thursday, they were giving a driving assessment to a flip flop, he was in the office finishing his “interview” while I was handing in my paperwork, anyway it took him over 10 mins to get on a bay, going lock to lock on the steering even though he was going on straight, looked like he got the job too so they aren’t that picky either.

damoq:
Up here in Glasgow, its B&Q trucks that deliver to screwfix stores. I think it’s because they are both part of the same company. Not sure if its the same deal down south.

Down South they are trunked to a Wincanton site in Greenford. And yes, B&Q are also Kingfisher.

I know a driver who used to work there. Start times can be rough. 1-2am for 2 weeks, 5-6am for 2 weeks then 1 week of afternoons which I think is around 10am-2pm.

They have a night shift which starts from around 6-8pm but it’s dead man’s boots as they only do about 40 hours a week. The driver I know was averaging about 45 hours doing permanent afternoons. Your contract will say 51.75 hours which is basically 48 hours plus a 45 minute break per day. You won’t go over this as there’s no RDC waiting room nonsense. You rock up, tip then get on your way.

Kit is good, All XL Globetrotters. Got an onsite gym if that interests you. Canteen is supposed to be good too.