Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Buzzer

349541381_1673647966482668_4885459381840541600_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Great picture, does anyone know what looks like a tank on the n/s of the cab was for.

Cheers Dave.

well its a 1934 reg And IIRC The tank was an autovac system where the fuel was drawn up the main tank and gravity fed to the engine, A lot of Bristol Buses had the very same system. :question: Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
well its a 1934 reg And IIRC The tank was an autovac system where the fuel was drawn up the main tank and gravity fed to the engine, A lot of Bristol Buses had the very same system. :question: Larry.

Hi Larry, Thanks for that, Hope you are keeping well. Dave.

Buzzer

347629642_3424168771157347_5248555559244905835_n.jpg

Buzzer

Buzzer

We bought this Arnott’s biscuit tin over ten years ago, it took about a week to get it tipped. :wink:

mushroomman:
We bought this Arnott’s biscuit tin over ten years ago, it took about a week to get it tipped. :wink:

Not in our house it wouldn’t. :laughing:

mushroomman:

Hiya,
About half a shift and two pots of tea to unload that.

BA BOOM TISCH..gif

Bugga, the drummers on a go slow.

harry_gill:

mushroomman:

Hiya,
About half a shift and two pots of tea to unload that.

Spot on Harry, but it was coffee. I’ve still got the tin though. :smiley:

Mushroomman, did you know Intercentre? IIRC, it was the plaything of one of Arnotts biscuits, founder’s sons. They did all the interstate transfers.

images (40).jpeg

images (39).jpeg
They were pretty flash in the day and quick, before we’d heard of speed limiters.

My steam locomotive is also a biscuit tin.

Cheers, Ray.

Image0105.jpg

Star down under.:
Mushroomman, did you know Intercentre? IIRC, it was the plaything of one of Arnotts biscuits, founder’s sons. They did all the interstate transfers.

They were pretty flash in the day and quick, before we’d heard of speed limiters.

Sorry S.D.U. Intercentre doesn’t ring a bell with me but I wonder if you can remember a company called Queensland Mushrooms about twenty four years ago, who had a farm at North Maclean on The Mount Lindesey Highway, south of Brisbane.
It was a family run farm, the old Dutchman who started it died and left the business to his, I.I.R.C. three sons and his daughter. One of his sons, Corrie, decided that he would sell his share of the business and buy a brand-new Scania 112 M with all the bells and whistles, blue metallic paint job, air-con, chrome fuel tanks, tinted windows etc.

Corrie went ‘roaming’ and after a couple of years, he sold the truck to the farm and went back to working for the family business. It was not long after that when I got my first driving job there.
I believe that they sold out to Del Monte or Golden Circle about ten years ago. I have just looked on Google Earth and it looks like the place is now disused and up for sale.

Another reason that I am mentioning this is because when I first joined Trucknet, somebody whose username I can’t remember, mentioned that his mother was working at Queensland Mushrooms at the time. I never got around to saying that I also worked there, hence the name Mushroomman. Well, MushroomScania didn’t sound right.

Now after all these years it’s bugging me who it was but I have a feeling it was one of our Scottish members.

It wasn’t you was it Oily. :confused:

I never got around to saying that I also worked there, hence the name Mushroomman.

Ohh, that’s where you got it from, and here’s me thinking you were bedded in sh… and kept in the dark. :unamused: :laughing:

mushroomman:

Star down under.:

Sorry S.D.U. Intercentre doesn’t ring a bell with me but I wonder if you can remember a company called Queensland Mushrooms about twenty four years ago, who had a farm at North Maclean on The Mount Lindesey Highway, south of Brisbane.
It was a family run farm, the old Dutchman who started it died and left the business to his, I.I.R.C. three sons and his daughter. One of his sons, Corrie, decided that he would sell his share of the business and buy a brand-new Scania 112 M with all the bells and whistles, blue metallic paint job, air-con, chrome fuel tanks, tinted windows etc.

Corrie went ‘roaming’ and after a couple of years, he sold the truck to the farm and went back to working for the family business. It was not long after that when I got my first driving job there.
I believe that they sold out to Del Monte or Golden Circle about ten years ago. I have just looked on Google Earth and it looks like the place is now disused and up for sale.

Another reason that I am mentioning this is because when I first joined Trucknet, somebody whose username I can’t remember, mentioned that his mother was working at Queensland Mushrooms at the time. I never got around to saying that I also worked there, hence the name Mushroomman. Well, MushroomScania didn’t sound right.

Now after all these years it’s bugging me who it was but I have a feeling it was one of our Scottish members.

It wasn’t you was it Oily. :confused:

No MRM, I’m not familiar with Queensland Mushrooms, but I must have passed the farm hundreds of times. Mt Lindsay was the back door into Brisbane, avoiding the checking stations at Coomera and Gailes, if one was a little short of hours or a tad heavy. :wink:

Buzzer

Buzzer