Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Really interesting looking at that sales invoice.
40p for battery filler, what the frec was that?
For the record ,my first car was a second hand Avenger and it was a sack of cac

Suedehead:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Charging for antifreeze ffs. The radio was expensive as an extra. Nearly 25% of the trade in.

essexpete:

Suedehead:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Charging for antifreeze ffs. The radio was expensive as an extra. Nearly 25% of the trade in.

Antifreeze wasn’t standard in new vehicles back then, we used to drain water from new trucks and vans if the purchaser requested antifreeze and as that car was sold in Torbay I doubt that frost was a major concern anyway? The ‘battery filler’ could have been the special bottle with a cut off valve in the neck that most vehicle owners had for topping up the battery.

Pic from ebay

Pete.

Buzzer

windrush:

essexpete:

Suedehead:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Antifreeze wasn’t standard in new vehicles back then, we used to drain water from new trucks and vans if the purchaser requested antifreeze and as that car was sold in Torbay I doubt that frost was a major concern anyway? The ‘battery filler’ could have been the special bottle with a cut off valve in the neck that most vehicle owners had for topping up the battery.

Pic from ebay

Pete.

Thanks Pete

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

345611401_1276116339687397_1213472859546220751_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Guest, Wood and Ling Ltd.

Is that a crew cab, or a sleeper?

Spardo:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Spardo sometimes I wonder about your comments on here, it’s a removal company where several men would be with the vehicle to do the job and if it was a sleeper where are the curtains.

Buzzer:

Spardo:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Spardo sometimes I wonder about your comments on here, it’s a removal company where several men would be with the vehicle to do the job and if it was a sleeper where are the curtains.

Opened, it’s daytime. :unamused: :laughing:

Buzzer

Spardo:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Early Topliner. :smiley:

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

In later 1967 before I left Bradys they had 6 MM AEC units on order but the lone 4x2 Mandator they had been running for the past 12 months had and was giving so much trouble with over heating and blowing head gaskets that they cancelled the MM’s and ordered 6 Mk 1 Atki rear steers 180 LXB engines. They never had another Leyland product in the fleet once the Atkis proved themselves ! Cheers Bewick.

Buzzer:
Buzzer

This may be a member of the Deard’s family who owned the land that South Mimms Services are built on.

Buzzer