Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Spardo:
A lot of memories ■■■■■■■ in that page from Headlight(?) of days long gone. :smiley:
And what about that Mk1 Atki with a tri-axle trailer, somewhat unusual for the time I think. :slight_smile:[/quot

The Atki looks a bit battered, maybe it was the yard shunter motor.

grumpy old man:

Spardo:
A lot of memories ■■■■■■■ in that page from Headlight(?) of days long gone. :smiley:
And what about that Mk1 Atki with a tri-axle trailer, somewhat unusual for the time I think. :slight_smile:[/quot

Good point, what a conscientious shunter though, connecting all the suzies. If the scene is as modern as the trailer, and you, suggest, possibly corporate elfin safety then. :wink: :laughing:

Is that the driver’s personal supply, on the roof of the Watney’s truck? :wink:

Spardo:

grumpy old man:

Spardo:

Good point, what a conscientious shunter though, connecting all the suzies. If the scene is as modern as the trailer, and you, suggest, possibly corporate elfin safety then. :wink: :laughing:

The legs are firmly on the ground, so quite possibly a yard truck.

Star down under.:
Is that the driver’s personal supply, on the roof of the Watney’s truck? :wink:

Obviously it is, a pipe leads down through the roof for an intraveneous injection. :laughing:

Spardo wrote;
Good point, what a conscientious shunter though, connecting all the suzies. If the scene is as modern as the trailer, and you, suggest, possibly corporate elfin safety then.

Its possible though this tractor, what seems to be a T3046C Atkinson of mid to later 60’s, (datable by having coiled Susie airlines that didn’t come into use until around 1964, although they could have been a later fitting but why connect all lines if shunting), but as with the 30.4.6LX 32 Ton rated C reg Seddon unit my Father had at the same period which he pulled Tri-axle DFDS trailers legally out of North Shields with, this Atkinson could also have been similarly plated. Franky.

Geordielad:
Spardo wrote;
Good point, what a conscientious shunter though, connecting all the suzies. If the scene is as modern as the trailer, and you, suggest, possibly corporate elfin safety then.

Its possible though this tractor, what seems to be a T3046C Atkinson of mid to later 60’s, (datable by having coiled Susie airlines that didn’t come into use until around 1964, although they could have been a later fitting but why connect all lines if shunting), but as with the 30.4.6LX 32 Ton rated C reg Seddon unit my Father had at the same period which he pulled Tri-axle DFDS trailers legally out of North Shields with, this Atkinson could also have been similarly plated. Franky.

Interesting point. I always enjoy your meticulous attention to detail in these threads. I too, noticed the triaxle trailer. What I also noticed is that it is on singles, if not super-singles. These didn’t really enjoy regular use until the early '80s when the 38-tonne thingy came in. However, they were already common on Le Continent by 1974. It is possible that the Atki shunter had not been long relegated to shunter duties when this picture was taken, especially if the trailer was brand new. Being a tanker it is short anyway, which robs us of the opportunity to try and identify its vintage by length (ie 12m vs 13.6). This case is full of variables! :laughing:

Buzzer

tyneside:
Lovely car the Volvo 164, Dad got one brand new in 1971 / 72 from the long gone Robson & Everard in Gosforth.
Reg no was CJR 164K.

Tyneside

A 1973/74 Volvo 164 TE as just been sold on E Bay for around £1600 , they were very rare and still are

grumpy old man:

Spardo:

Quite probable Grumpy,trailer legs are fully down and looks to be empty.

David

5thwheel:

grumpy old man:

Spardo:

Quite probable Grumpy,trailer legs are fully down and looks to be empty.

David

It’s an interesting shot of the Vaux tank trailer because those wheels are not the usual centre knave ones that were used on early tri axles in the late 60’s and the tyres look like they closely resemble the mini super singles 365 's that appeared on the new tri axles in 1982 so I wonder what year/date the shot was actually taken ! Cheers Dennis.

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hi Buzzer, Can you enlighten me more on the BRS bonneted bulker with the Perkins.? Thanks -------------- toshboy

toshboy:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hi Buzzer, Can you enlighten me more on the BRS bonneted bulker with the Perkins.? Thanks -------------- toshboy

Sorry no I cannot but someone on here will surely know, Buzzer

tyneside:
Lovely car the Volvo 164, Dad got one brand new in 1971 / 72 from the long gone Robson & Everard in Gosforth.
Reg no was CJR 164K.

Tyneside

There’s one floating around the town where I live (central west NSW, Oz). It’s a bit ropey but mostly original, must get a photo of it.

Buzzer

296317106_10221529200408029_4968470453710444281_n.jpg

Did you have a ‘‘Tiger in your tank’’ :smiley:

Did you good folk get the tiger tail that attached to the fuel cap, when you bought a certain amount of petrol?

tiger tail.jpeg

robroy:

[quote="Buzzer’’ [attachment=0]

Screenshot_20220803-065538_Chrome.jpg[/attachment]

Did you have a ‘‘Tiger in your tank’’ :smiley:
[/quote]
The prices of petrol on the signboard show 68p to 71p, for the various grades of fuel.
These costs are per gallon of fuel, unlike todays £1.94 which only buys you a litre.

Cheers, Ray.

Buzzer