Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Ro think you on a mix up as it was “Bubb’s” who initiated this thread, Cheers Buzzer

Bubbleman aka Marcus Lester joined Aug 3rd 2008 started thread Fri Sept 12th 2008 :wink:

Buzzer:
Ro think you on a mix up as it was “Bubb’s” who initiated this thread, Cheers Buzzer

Absolutely right! Post duly amended :unamused:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Bubbleman aka Marcus Lester joined Aug 3rd 2008 started thread Fri Sept 12th 2008 :wink:

You’re right. And I know the man FFS :laughing: ! Must be a senior moment (I’m 70 in a couple of weeks time :unamused: ). I’ve edited the post.

Buzzer:
Nice to see this thread reach the 500 page mark regards to Bubbleman, here are some more for today, Buzzer

Hello Buzzer ,lovely picture of the Monsanto Foden ,that was taken at Acrefair nr Wrexham ,they had afew of those mickey mouse cabs ,thank you Trevor

Buzzer:
Nice to see this thread reach the 500 page mark regards to Bubbleman, here are some more for today, Buzzer

I always thought that Horace Kendricks ran single drive axle Foden 8 leggers but this shot would seem to show that this Foden is a double drive !

Bewick:

Buzzer:

I always thought that Horace Kendricks ran single drive axle Foden 8 leggers but this shot would seem to show that this Foden is a double drive !

I think it was only their later Foden S80 models that were single drive, I remember reading in a magazine somewhere that he opted for that as site conditions had improved considerably.

Pete.

windrush:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

I think it was only their later Foden S80 models that were single drive, I remember reading in a magazine somewhere that he opted for that as site conditions had improved considerably.

Pete.

Thanks for the gen Pete , wasn’t Kendricks traffic more industrial like scrap, pig iron etc and not building industry materials , sand and gravel etc. so they would always have been on decent hard surfaces ? Cheers Dennis.

Every 8whlr I drove, tipper n brick, were double drive, I think the only time I used the diflock was on snow bound roads. Of course with Fodens it was a given ! Cheers coomsey

This one was nt Paul

Certainly the London Brick eight wheeler Foden I used to go out in was only single drive, it had a very unusual back axle that could be lifted a couple of inches (not a proper lift axle) which helped when on muddy surfaces but was still a problem on some sites.

Kempston:
Certainly the London Brick eight wheeler Foden I used to go out in was only single drive, it had a very unusual back axle that could be lifted a couple of inches (not a proper lift axle) which helped when on muddy surfaces but was still a problem on some sites.

In colour. :wink:

london brick foden.PNG

London Brick also operated 8x2 Volvo F86’s.

volvo f86 8x2 lift axle london brick 78.jpg

Thanks for that Dean! :slight_smile:

Saturday edition, Buzzer

269671956_10228422921697157_6526488526560876711_n.jpg

Hello lads,Nice to see the old thread reserected…loads of good stuff been put on,it was a shame I ran out of good clippings from the old Commercial Motors,Motor Transports etc but Dean keeps finding stuff so that keeps the nostalgia going.I’ve thrown out the clippings now when I cleared my garage out during lockdown plus basically all my collection of magazines too :cry: …I did keep a copy of most of what I posted on this thread in a folder so I can still look back…its a shame a lot of the pictures have the Photobucket watermark across them,perhaps I should repost them :smiley: .Buzzer and co ,keep posting lads,
Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hello lads,Nice to see the old thread reserected…loads of good stuff been put on,it was a shame I ran out of good clippings from the old Commercial Motors,Motor Transports etc but Dean keeps finding stuff so that keeps the nostalgia going.I’ve thrown out the clippings now when I cleared my garage out during lockdown plus basically all my collection of magazines too :cry: …I did keep a copy of most of what I posted on this thread in a folder so I can still look back…its a shame a lot of the pictures have the Photobucket watermark across them,perhaps I should repost them :smiley: .Buzzer and co ,keep posting lads,
Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hi bubbs,the yellow euclid tipper is in ajt recycling fforestfach Swansea there’s a lot of good stuff in his yard

robinswh:
This one was nt Paul

No need on quarry work Wayne,muck n waste carters would. Like the posh radiator blind, they must have been spoiling you :slight_smile:

Congratulations Bubbleman on reaching the 500 mark [emoji106]

Sunday morning, checked the cattle & prepared all the veg for dinner so here is todays lot, Buzzer

269669862_10159484349693497_6913646530934056544_n.jpg

269606980_2131363057018975_6337853943888072806_n.jpg

robinswh:
This one was nt Paul

A bespoke radiator blind :slight_smile:

Kempston:

A farm I worked on had a Mastiff with a trailing axle on some kind of air suspension that could be eased off road, tight cornering or shunting. Still not good off road.