Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

DEANB:

windrush:
I like the Slaters/Tilcon F88 with the Foden diamond on the grille. :wink:

Pete.

That seems an odd load Pete for a Tilcon motor ■■ :unamused:

It would most likely be a Slaters Transport Volvo from Kirkby Misperton Dean. Part of the Thomas Tilling group at that time along with a host of other companies (Pretty Polly, Metal Box, Newney and Eyre, Poole Pottery etc etc), although they later parted company again. Tilcon used their colour scheme, I did my HGV training at their driving school.

Pete.

marky:

Toddy2:

Suedehead:
Great pics as always Bubbs. Is the Sinclairs Mandator a V8 ?

Looks like a High Datum Cab - so probably is

It’s a V8, but that’s a standard cab.

Frankydobo:
Suedehead wrote:

I’ve another pic of this Mandator, same load but the picture was taken with a different background, it says on the text below, This Mandator was fitted with a V8 engine giving 272bhp. Franky.

IIRC YNP80G was fitted with a test Perkins turbo V8 - the original AEC V8 sat at Perkins until quite late.

Hi again,more oldies which aren’t best quality,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

kenfig bill:

kingswinford kit:
Cheers John ,that Atki was certainly jinxed it had been involved in another accident prior to this ,forgot to mention that eventually it was sold to Smiths of Wem Shropshire , regards Keith

Keith …the Atki unit that crashed at Glyn neath was nasty …the cab was taken clean off …my father adds that it may have been an ex Halls of Bridgend unit …you may remember them …a large tipper fleet mainly …Geraint

Hi chaps …I can remember Joints Diamond T wrecker retreiving the Atki at Abercrave but would not know who was first on the scene .
Geraint , yes i remember Halls they were based at Hoel y Cyw they hauled a lot of lime into Margham , they had a unusual Dennis artic that Joints inherited , your father sounds a very interesting chap to talk to , he certainly knows his stuff , regards Keith

Another one of Kings ERF Continental. :wink:

A00189.JPG

A00190.JPG

I dont remember seeing a pic of a Foden in Hardings colours before.

DEANB:
Another one of Kings ERF Continental. :wink:

I dont remember seeing a pic of a Foden in Hardings colours before.

There was no ERF ‘Continental’ - that was Bentley! I think it’s an ERF MDC with a 4MW cab. I believe it had a Cu 310 lump. Probably rated at 85 tonnes, making it an MDC 850. Robert

Hello again,Merry Xmas to everyone…heres todays stuff from the folder of “dodgy” pictures,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Small bit from Commercial motor about Greenwoods DAF. :wink:

Hello again,heres a few more oldies,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Nice collection of shots Marcus from your vast archive ! I thoroughly enjoy looking at both your thread and Deans Paul Gee thread. Great ! All THe Best for 2018 Cheers Dennis.

I agree with Dennis…I could look at these old photo’s all day long!..Many thanks for posting them up mate and Happy New year to you and Mand.

Same as the two gents above, lots of memories captured in photographs…

marky:

Toddy2:

Suedehead:

Looks like a High Datum Cab - so probably is

It’s a V8, but that’s a standard cab.

R Sinclair ran five V8 Mandators and to quote Ron Sinclair out of Graham Edge’s fine V8 book they were “20 years ahead of their time”,reducing the Evesham-Glasgow running time by one and a half hours compared to the AV760s. :open_mouth:

Hello again,firstly thanks lads for the kind remarks and a Happy New Year to all who look in on the Scrapbook…first pic is for Dennis…he did a lot of miles in a D1000,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hiya Marcus, thanks for the shot of the D1000 ! it looks like that one is a medium WB chassis? and that sheeting of the load of reels on the Palmer Atki leaves a lot to be desired ! wouldn’t have done at Bewick Transport Ooooo Nooooo !! :wink: and the actual condition of the sheets is also very debatable :blush: :open_mouth: :wink: . Anyway Marcus I will take this opportunity to wish You and yours a very Happy and Healthy 2018 and I look forward to checking out your great thread regularly throughout the coming year . Regards Dennis.

Speaking of sheets Dennis , that atki of Palmers is a state . I wouldn’t let him sheet a bed .

rigsby:
Speaking of sheets Dennis , that atki of Palmers is a state . I wouldn’t let him sheet a bed .

Aye David, makes me sick just looking at that shot, no need for that was there ! Anyway, it’s New years eve so ■■■■ it Mate eh! we’ll sack the ■■■■■■■ next week eh! All the best for 2018 cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

rigsby:

Aye David, makes me sick just looking at that shot, no need for that was there ! Anyway, it’s New years eve so [zb] it Mate eh! we’ll sack the [zb] next week eh! All the best for 2018 cheers Dennis.

All the best to you and Anne for 2018 , onward and upward . Dave

Hello again and a Happy new year to everyone…heres the next few oldies…is that a young Harry Gill by the side of Siddles G88 thinking"if I hang it out chaining this lot down I can get down the A1 a bit and have a “dodgy night out” and get a lift home in one of those shiney Scania81s of Bewicks!!" :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

The shot of Robsons Border Prince clearly shows the sheets and ropes tied on at the back of the flat which I believe was a standing instruction for their drivers once they were tipped. Cheers Dennis.