Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Hiya again,glad you’re looking in Dennis…pics of companies that were about when you were younger to jog the old memory,today some motors from the South Wales area,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img508D.jpg

bubbleman:
Hiya again,glad you’re looking in Dennis…pics of companies that were about when you were younger to jog the old memory,today some motors from the South Wales area,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hi Marcus, Thank you for great pictures again. The John Raymond Atkinson Borderer ETX 993K seen above went to Robert Baillie
of Horndean. Look in on the “Robert Baillie” thread where I have noted its later owners, and it is preserved with Tony Henwood in Suffolk.
Regards, Ray Smyth.

ETX 993X RB.png

Hello again,great info Ray…thanks for that,heres another few pics which are not great quality…I bet Dennis and several others have been along the road featured in the first pic,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Silverdale:
So many great pics of trucks old and new. Ta to all who post. Also, all my life I’ve attributed “faces” to vehicles and wondered if anyone else does the same (or am I the only strange one?!). What I mean is that the front of some trucks look “sad” some look “happy”, others mean. Any takers?

The first time I took home a Mk.1 Atkinson, my mum said it had a happy, smiling face!

Nice pics Bubbs, here’s another 110 of Union Cartage company Scanias. :wink:

A00350.JPG

Hiya again,thanks Dean for the UCC Scania pic…more old pics which are not great quality,Cheers Bubbs. :wink:

The Naylors Atki is very tidily sheeted ! :sunglasses: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
The Naylors Atki is very tidily sheeted ! :sunglasses: Cheers Dennis.

They’ve always been a very tidy company, Dennis! Nice people to deal with - I used to sub quite a lot to them in the 90s

Happy Birthday Marcus,hope you had a good day !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A couple of your favourite motors ! :wink:

Hiya again,Great 76s Dean…thanks for them and I had a great birthday thanks…more oldies again today,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hello again,more oldies…Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img013 (2).jpg

Bubbs, that G.L.Baker pic of the ERF you put on. Are there any of there European ERF ■■?

Another of Taymix from Blandford.

A02512.JPG

bubbleman:

Hi Bubbs some great pics thier! The Atki of Joints reminds me back in the 70s when a similar unit lost its load of tin lids from Metal Box at Whitney on Wye the same Atki was later stolen in the London area ,regards Keith

Hiya,
I’ll bet the Sutherland’s Laddie just loves that outfit a pretty nippy Leyland
for the day and those bloody awful four in line trailers, I dare bet if he’s
loaded with swinging beef he can’t half get those trailer wheels clear of
the deck on the bends, = a few arse nipping moments per trip thrown in :laughing:
thanks harry, long retired

harry_gill:
Hiya,
I’ll bet the Sutherland’s Laddie just loves that outfit a pretty nippy Leyland
for the day and those bloody awful four in line trailers, I dare bet if he’s
loaded with swinging beef he can’t half get those trailer wheels clear of
the deck on the bends, = a few arse nipping moments per trip thrown in :laughing:
thanks harry, long retired

Ha ha Harry,some drivers didn’t need to have a 4-in-line with swinging carcasses…not guilty,I were shunting. :grimacing:
Two minutes out of Maltby depot about 0200. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

winc25.jpg

Hello again,great shot of Taymex Dean…thanks for that,pius some good input from Harry and Chris…heres todays selection,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hello again,great shot of Taymex Dean…thanks for that,pius some good input from Harry and Chris…heres todays selection,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

The A E Evans Mandator with the AX Swansea reg was based in W G Davies’ yard in Swansea. There was another Mandator, with a Newport reg,RDW 227H.

Why did the BSC Orb Works units have stencilled number plates,were things that bad? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hello Bubbs and KK Keith …regarding Joint Motorways that shed its load at Whitney …my father remembers that it was around Christmas time in which tippers were sent to the scene to clear the mess up …! He also remembers that a similar Atkinson artic of Joint Motorways overturned at Abercrave in the Swansea valley …whilst hauling nickel pellets from the the Mond at Clydach …possibly around the same time …Geraint

kenfig bill:
Hello Bubbs and KK Keith …regarding Joint Motorways that shed its load at Whitney …my father remembers that it was around Christmas time in which tippers were sent to the scene to clear the mess up …! He also remembers that a similar Atkinson artic of Joint Motorways overturned at Abercrave in the Swansea valley …whilst hauling nickel pellets from the the Mond at Clydach …possibly around the same time …Geraint

Hi Geraint,
I have been told about that joint motorways accident at abercrave many times over the years by my father and many other old hands who drove for joint.They always thought at the time that the trailer locked into the fifth wheel run ups and turned the outfit over.The drums of nickel all ended up in the river and so I am also told,The driver was killed.
Regards Andrew.

love this pic off WWT333 going into Earl’s Court 60/61 here it is in the updated livery it wore when I took it out 1967

bubbleman:
Hello again,more old pics,Cheers Bubbs, :wink: