Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Another one of Clugston’s Bubbs !

A01698.JPG

HI, FOLKS ,THE HARRIS ERF IS SITTING ON THE WEIGHBRIDGE AT SHOTTON STEEL , DEESIDE JUST A BIT OF USLESS INFO , Cheers Barry

Hi again,not useless info Barry,thanks for the reply…ok more old clippings again today,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img628.jpg

img626.jpg

Hiya Bubbs this was my 401 (RAU 528X) which I restored
I noticed the reg of the Hanson’s 401 was very similar
I know my 401 was original owned by JB Transport from Ironville
Cheers Gary

G.B.Crook’s Seddon pic you posted,thought that name was familiar.

Click on page twice to view.

grumpy old man:
All these Mk 5’s are too much for a GOM, I need a lie down. :smiley:
Yon Harold Wood photo stirs the memory cells, happy days down Wormald Street, Heckmondwike.

Did you work there?

Chris Webb:

bubbleman:
Hi again,heres a few more old clippings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

A E Evans AEC MK5 YXP 772 Fleet 166,photo taken at Barking depot.Here’s another one of it,could be a Colin Knapp photo,not sure…

There`s a photo of HGO 421K in this months Classic and Vintage Commercials Magazine Chris

ramone:

Chris Webb:

bubbleman:
Hi again,heres a few more old clippings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

A E Evans AEC MK5 YXP 772 Fleet 166,photo taken at Barking depot.Here’s another one of it,could be a Colin Knapp photo,not sure…

There`s a photo of HGO 421K in this months Classic and Vintage Commercials Magazine Chris

Yes I’ve seen it thanks Ramone,was based at Barking,ex Shell.

Butchers van of Mark Williams of Wigan, with Preston Reg No. CK 6617, probably dating from the mid 1930s.
I don’t know what make it is, Ford Model T perhaps ■■. Any suggestions ■■. Photo courtesy of Ron Hunt.
Regards, Ray Smyth.

Hi again,heres a few more old cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img212.jpg

Hello again,a few more clippings which may have disappeared,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Nice to see the Sayers of Newbury pic, when I rode with dad in the 60’s on the Seddon grain lorries they did similar work with 1950’s Albions fitted with the ‘four pot’ engine. Always a nice tidy fleet.

Pete.

A.M.Garage.I see they had a french contact number. I dont remember them but i wonder if they also
had a depot/office in France like Atkins,Swains,Axminster transport.

A01792.JPG

Dont remember Dean but in those days a Telex number was a Telex number where ever it was (they had no prefix) and some were given some very exotic directions.

David

Hi again,more old cuttings that may have been lost due to photobucket,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img448.jpg

img447.jpg

bubbleman:
Hi again,more old cuttings that may have been lost due to photobucket,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

The first 2 Roadtrains have consecutive registrations , what were Chard running at the time that were so unreliable ?

ramone:

bubbleman:

The first 2 Roadtrains have consecutive registrations , what were Chard running at the time that were so unreliable ?

Another pic of that Roadtrain. :wink:

axminster55.PNG.jpg

axminster56.PNG

Hi again,Thanks to Dean for the Chard/Axminster clipping of the Roadtrain,heres another from the fleet and a few cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hi again,Thanks to Dean for the Chard/Axminster clipping of the Roadtrain,heres another from the fleet and a few cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

I drove a few of those R365 and R340 Renaults and they were very nice to drive. 18 speed knock over gearboxes were a bit noisey but the cabs were like ballrooms very spacious , I think they were much better than the Premiums . Now the G290 GT that was a pile of crap

Ray Smyth:
Butchers van of Mark Williams of Wigan, with Preston Reg No. CK 6617, probably dating from the mid 1930s.
I don’t know what make it is, Ford Model T perhaps ■■. Any suggestions ■■. Photo courtesy of Ron Hunt.
Regards, Ray Smyth.

hop in
I well remember my mum trailing me into Mark Williams’ shop in Preston when I was little, in the days when you went shopping in town centres, and by bus!

And just around the corner, on Market Street, was Hill’s furniture shop, who operated a Rolls-Royce van