Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

DEANB:
Bubbs, Might as well chap heres some of your favourite motors ! :wink: :smiley:

I believe those Scania Vabis were a great motor in their day And I recall that my pal John McGuffie RIP had one which IIRC was an ex Malcolm unit and he double shifted it. I never was interested in a Vabis but I never heard a wrong word about them, they were 275 bhp so they were quite lively but can’t recall if they only had the 5 speed box ! Cheers Dennis.

bubbleman:
Hiya all,I don’t know if many of you have noticed but all the pics I put on via Photobucket which are all the ones I posted early on in this thread have all disappeared.This I believe is they want payment to keep them visable.I’m not the only poster to lose pics,Pete359 has lost his pics on the South Wales thread and contributions from 240gardner have also gone…I feel this is such a shame as all those pictures have gone forever…I wondered whether I should repost the clippings on here as I still have them or start a new thread as Scrapbook2. Would I be boring everyone as they have all been seen before.Heres a few oldies anyway,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

I think it would be a great idea

Hi Bubbs.
All the photos i posted from my Photobucket have also gone missing,like you say they now want payment for using it, luckily I also had them in my computer photo album.I think it would be a great idea for you to start Scrapbook Memories 2.

Hi Bubbs,

Here’s a few to help the thread along…

Accident 3-001.JPG

Albion Ad-001.jpg

Leyland Marathon 1977.jpg

Hi Marcus
This thread was one of the reasons I joined TN, and some time ago, I went through this thread again, starting at page 1, and boy, did they bring back memories (again).
Thanks again for posting them all those years ago, and no, they definitely were not boring.

DEANB:

Morning Dean,
The light blue Vabis,with the concrete sections on,has a Wolverhampton reg no so it would have been supplied by Bradburn and Wedge (B+W motors), our dear departed friends Saviem and Trev H ( who worked there) would have given us the full SP on this, Trev has been gone nearly 13 months and Saviem 10 months, I need to recruit in this area, its getting lonely!

Bring it on Bubbs it’s just what we need to start the day. A cup of tea, a bowl of High Fibre and as Mr Gill would say, several coats of looking at Scrapbook Memories, Volume Two. :wink:

Regards Steve.

Hello Marc. Scrapbook Memories was the fore-runner of the other threads like Oilie’s more modern slant and DEANB 's" Paul Gee photos". As such it gives a memory jerker to all of us of a certain (ahem) age who were on the road at that time. There is never an acromonious post about your pics - only delight and anticipation. Please carry on, and personally, I would look forward to you starting all over again. Jim.

pete smith:

DEANB:

Morning Dean,
The light blue Vabis,with the concrete sections on,has a Wolverhampton reg no so it would have been supplied by Bradburn and Wedge (B+W motors), our dear departed friends Saviem and Trev H ( who worked there) would have given us the full SP on this, Trev has been gone nearly 13 months and Saviem 10 months, I need to recruit in this area, its getting lonely!

Yes Pete, i really do miss Saviem’s rambling posts ! He should have written a book ! :frowning:

Heres another of Bubbs favourite truck ! :smiley:

A00488.JPG

I have only recently joined TN,and am so glad I did,posts like the"Scrapbook Memories" are such a tonic.I have been ill for some time,but just a quick tour of this site does me better than any meds do.
Keep up the great work everyone,and thank you for helping to cheer up some of my less than perfect days.Long may each of you continue to delight and surprise us with some long forgotten memories.An amazing job you all do,thank you again for the time and effort you take.

kindest regards
ChrisB

Hiya lads,Ok then…first thanks for the encouraging words and posts showing support for the repeating of the pics lost in the early days of the Scrapbook…I don’t know what has been lost so I’ll put up any oldies and hopefully we should see all that was lost.SO lets start “Scrapbook Memories Volume 2”,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hiya lads,Ok then…first thanks for the encouraging words and posts showing support for the repeating of the pics lost in the early days of the Scrapbook…I don’t know what has been lost so I’ll put up any oldies and hopefully we should see all that was lost.SO lets start “Scrapbook Memories Volume 2”,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

The Essex International Scania 112 had a 2nd life at Bewick’s,
Nice one Bubbleman, thanks for taking the time to re-post, Cheer’s Pete

How weird is that Bubbs, i posted a pic and advert of that very same Bussing yesterday
on Paul Gee’s thread. :unamused: :smiley:

DG0005.JPG

ad bussing.PNG

I have amongst my many books, a ford truck salesmans handbook for around 1970 lists everything from a transit to coaches and d300 to d1000 , every option every spec, here’s some pages on d1000’s

tony

Hello again,Heres another few pics,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:

Great to see you back in action Marcus ! Now that spec of BRS 32/4 Seddon was the mankiest cheapest so called “premium” unit on the market, pass the “bucket” ugh ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

bubbleman:

Great to see you back in action Marcus ! Now that spec of BRS 32/4 Seddon was the mankiest cheapest so called “premium” unit on the market, pass the “bucket” ugh ! Cheers Bewick.

Hiya,
Bloody Hell Dennis you didn’t even notice "no fly sheet, you must be
getting old, But there’s nowt wrong with the sheeting and roping Eh’.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

bubbleman:

Hiya,
Bloody Hell Dennis you didn’t even notice "no fly sheet, you must be
getting old, But there’s nowt wrong with the sheeting and roping Eh’.
thanks harry, long retired.

Now then “H” you should know me by now that I never mock the “afflicted” :laughing: :laughing: Probably the trailer never had a fly sheet with it in the first place ! and, secondly, the driver could have “sold” it :open_mouth: But if I was to make any small observation I would say the front of the sheet could have been a tad tighter what do you think? Regards Dennis.

Bewick:

bubbleman:

Hi Dennis, Your remarks about the Seddon artics brought back a few memories. It was around the time that a new regulation had been
introduced, regarding 6 BHP Per ton,which meant that any new lorry with a Gardner 180 6LXB could only operate at 30 tons GVW.
Robert Baillie Transport purchased 2 new Seddon artic units, HOT 130N,and HOT 131N,with Gardner 180 engines,to operate at 30 Tons GVW,
because most of their work,i.e. a full load of Guernsey Tomatoes weighed about 16 tons. They were very reliable,and economical to run.
Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.