Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Don’t appear to be able to do anything with the Volvo I’m afraid Ray. Like I said, I’m no expert.

Hi Eddie, Don’t know its location, However, my last 4 years before starting my own business
in 1978 was with “England Tubes”, later to become “Markland + England”,and then “TI Markland”.
Some connections occurred between us and R.G.Brown Pipelines, I think the name of the Volvo
driver was Ronnie ■■?. Regards, Ray.

Hope this works.

Ray

Hello Mr flishflunk, Thank you for enlarging the Volvo photo.
I am now fairly certain that it is Ronnie at the wheel. Ray.

Pre-War Leyland Beaver ballast tractor ADM 354 of Jarvis Robinson Transport,Bootle,Merseyside.
Jarvis Robinson was my first full time HGV driving job in 1965, I was just 21 years old.
Photo is courtesy of Peter Kenrick, former HGV driver. Regards, Ray Smyth, Wigan.

ADM 354.jpg

jmc jnr:

DEANB:
Fridge freight.

The man is Aubrey Taylor, RIP, who was head mechanic at Fridged Freight and supervised the building - in house - of the whole outfit out of cut down Mammoth Majors with a Norwich coachworks body. She went to work on a “C” plate 1965. Jim.
P.S. I believe the sign writing was a mistake missing the “D” and remember one of the MkVs coming home with the Title FRIGDED in foot high letters on the side. Mr Wyatt was not one to suffer fools gladly so I suspect somebody got it in the ear!

Appears to answer my previous question regards Fridge Freight and Fridged Freight,thanks for that JMC.

David

Ray Smyth:
Pre-War Leyland Beaver ballast tractor ADM 354 of Jarvis Robinson Transport,Bootle,Merseyside.
Jarvis Robinson was my first full time HGV driving job in 1965, I was just 21 years old.
Photo is courtesy of Peter Kenrick, former HGV driver. Regards, Ray Smyth, Wigan.

Hi Ray, Its a 1936 Reg, Regards Larry.

Hi Lawrence, Thank you for the info, I have put it also on the “Liverpool Hauliers in the 60s” thread.
The ballast tractors of Jarvis Robinson had “Water Filled Tyres”. Regards, Ray.

An advert from the early days of Boalloy in Congleton,Cheshire,
Courtesy of Angela & Craig Pickering of Boalloy. Ray Smyth.

One for the Bubbleman himself (not my photo found it on ebay.)

ARE 9Y.pngI bought this Ford Cargo,Reg.No. ARE 9Y, in 1988, It was ideal for
multiple deliveries in town centres. Paul Roberts, pictured above, drove it first, and then went on to pass his HGV Class 1.
Regards to Marcus Bubbleman, and lets keep the “Scrapbook” thread alive. Ray Smyth.

Well I bought this S20 Foden 8 wheel tipper in 1972, It earned me a few bob, I replaced it with a S21 Mickey Mouse 8 wheeler tipper both powered with the famous 150 6LX Gardner Natural aspirated engine, Its nice to be still about at the age of 81 & still talk about the good old days, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Larry.

Hiya all,I don’t know if many of you have noticed but all the pics I put on via Photobucket which are all the ones I posted early on in this thread have all disappeared.This I believe is they want payment to keep them visable.I’m not the only poster to lose pics,Pete359 has lost his pics on the South Wales thread and contributions from 240gardner have also gone…I feel this is such a shame as all those pictures have gone forever…I wondered whether I should repost the clippings on here as I still have them or start a new thread as Scrapbook2. Would I be boring everyone as they have all been seen before.Heres a few oldies anyway,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hiya all,I don’t know if many of you have noticed but all the pics I put on via Photobucket which are all the ones I posted early on in this thread have all disappeared.This I believe is they want payment to keep them visable.I’m not the only poster to lose pics,Pete359 has lost his pics on the South Wales thread and contributions from 240gardner have also gone…I feel this is such a shame as all those pictures have gone forever…I wondered whether I should repost the clippings on here as I still have them or start a new thread as Scrapbook2. Would I be boring everyone as they have all been seen before.Heres a few oldies anyway,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hi Bubbleman,
I have been lucky and looked all the way through this thread but I would like you to re-post them as I would enjoy seeing them again as would newer members and there is no way I would describe it as boring Marc! Cheer’s Pete

+1 re above post,

Are my pictures still safe?
Yes! All your photos are still available by logging into your Photobucket Account. Photobucket has only restricted the ability to view your photos on 3rd party sites.

Can I download my Photos?
Absolutely, at any time. It is an easy four step process:

Step 1. Login to your Photobucket Account

Step 2. Navigate to your library page

Step 3. View a photo and click the download button

Step 4. The picture will be saved to your computer

May (or may not) be possible to download onto a 3rd party site via flickr etc. Worth a try ■■?

Hi Marcus, It is a shame about deleted pictures. Your immense contribution on Trucknet
can never be described as boring. Meanwhile, here is a photo of ETX 993K,Atkinson Borderer,
new to John Raymond in Bridgend, spent some years with Robert Baillie of Portsmouth in
the 70s, and is now a preserved lorry. Lets keep the “Scrapbook” alive. Regards, Ray Smyth.

993K.png

Yes you can’t beat the old ones. great idea Marc. Mike.

Great idea Marcus so get on with it Mate without delay !! :wink: Your shots will, I believe, compliment Paul Gee’s/ Deano’s thread very nicely as I’m certain we will be able to cross reference many of them as they are from the same era . 2008 to 2016 ? 8 years worth to repost :unamused: And yes those Aerosols at Photobucket have blocked many of mine so I will just start reposting a few from 2009 onwards :frowning: Regards Dennis.

Bubbs, Might as well chap heres some of your favourite motors ! :wink: :smiley:

A00223.JPG

A00374.JPG