Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Nice picture of the old Atki, I remember seeing it in 50s at Liverpool Gladston Dock I think. This Atki would be from Stoke on Trent Factory…This is the one drove.

Finally after joining 4 year ago just sussed photobucket. lol

bubbleman:
Hello lads,heres more from me then.

One from my old pal Adrian Cypher,2 A.E.Cs.,the Mk3 Mammoth Major looks like its an A.E.Evans…you can see the fleet number above the headlight…Chris Webb might confirm this.The Ergo overtaking looks like its got Cheadle written on the door.Note theres no armco barrier on the central reservation on this bit of the M4…classic picture. :smiley:

:laughing:
That’s a hard one to confirm Bubbs.It certainly looks spot on for A E Evans except that I don’t recall them using six compartment spirit tanks like that one.I started with them in 1970 so it’s more than likely the tank was the original 6 potter and bought second hand off Shell Mex and BP,complete with sliding doors,which would have been replaced with 5 x 800 gall tank.The reg looks like it finishes with 78or 9 which would tie in with SLD 789 and two others that Evans had in the distant past in that ex Shell series.The driver looks as though he’s got the beige coloured boiler suits we were issued with,that’s why that sliding door is open,the equivalent of todays aircon. :smiley: Pity the reg numbers can’t be seen accurately,but I’d put my life on that being A E Evans.
As for the ergo,well could it be Chettles from Nottingham?

mrken:

been waiting for these! I have seen many of Peters pictures of your trucks, but not seen one of the 1 series Scania that is right at the end of the line up in one of the pictures. Can you oblige?

Chris Webb:

bubbleman:

One from my old pal Adrian Cypher,2 A.E.Cs.,the Mk3 Mammoth Major looks like its an A.E.Evans…you can see the fleet number above the headlight…Chris Webb might confirm this.The Ergo overtaking looks like its got Cheadle written on the door.Note theres no armco barrier on the central reservation on this bit of the M4…classic picture. :smiley:

That’s a hard one to confirm Bubbs.It certainly looks spot on for A E Evans except that I don’t recall them using six compartment spirit tanks like that one.I started with them in 1970 so it’s more than likely the tank was the original 6 potter and bought second hand off Shell Mex and BP,complete with sliding doors,which would have been replaced with 5 x 800 gall tank.The reg looks like it finishes with 78or 9 which would tie in with SLD 789 and two others that Evans had in the distant past in that ex Shell series.The driver looks as though he’s got the beige coloured boiler suits we were issued with,that’s why that sliding door is open,the equivalent of todays aircon. :smiley: Pity the reg numbers can’t be seen accurately,but I’d put my life on that being A E Evans.

Chris here are a couple you sent to me last year.
A E Evans fleet 127.jpg
A E Evans SLD.jpg

Hi John,yes the first one is a five potter,the second one is a six-potter on a white spirit contract for Esso at Purfleetand based at Barking depot.They were both ex Shell.The white spirit tank would have been the original one when Shell ran it.All the 8-leggers at Sheffield were 5 x 800 gall stainless tanks.

Chris Webb:

bubbleman:

Hi Bubbs & Chris, I remember the A E Evans AEC’s sliding door ones being for sale in the sixty’s at a garage on Ecclesfield Common Sheffield, as a kid i sat in one of them as my old man very nearly bought one, the garage is now Eric Stead Garages. Cheers Mel CCK

bubbleman:

I might have put this one on before but it dont hurt to see it again…The sheeting on this will get Harry Gill going!!!

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

hiya,
Get me going, I don’t think so, that lot would go nowhere, without being re-done I can honestly say that I’ve never turned out with a mess like that behind me and there’s no excuse with that load because the motor tells you it was during the height of the roping and sheeting era when most drivers, obviously not all took pride in their work, rant over.
thanks harry long retired.

Wheel Nut:

What a great picture. I remember having proper policemen on the exit gate on Hull Docks

This pic reminds me of the late “Cuddles” (Geordie Graham) ex Shorts and later Waughs.
He stopped on the Dock Rd in Liverpool to ask a copper for directions and the jodrell
gave him a ticket for leaving his motor unattended with the engine running.
R.I.P. George. regards Kevmac47.

kevmac47:

Wheel Nut:

What a great picture. I remember having proper policemen on the exit gate on Hull Docks

This pic reminds me of the late “Cuddles” (Geordie Graham) ex Shorts and later Waughs.
He stopped on the Dock Rd in Liverpool to ask a copper for directions and the jodrell
gave him a ticket for leaving his motor unattended with the engine running.
R.I.P. George. regards Kevmac47.

It brought the same back for me Kev :slight_smile: HBB 507N at the time i think. :smiley:

Kidlington depot 1960’s

mrken:

well done ken about time just another thousand more photos to put on can not wait get bens fingers working harder
regards gazzap

[/quote]
hi ken,is one of those f10’s the old day cab you gave me as punishment? is it still about?
when are the photos from as i dont remember that many lorries when i was there.

cheers steve.

Steve the daycabs the one in the middle out of the Volvos. That was about 1994 around 16 then then went to around 28 at Chadwell

A couple more.

522.jpg

Liverpool dockers break into a sweat.jpg

Higsons.jpg

Cheers Phil.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Larry, when we spoke a while ago you mentioned you had lots of photos to post
you were correct about the quality. They are magic!! Ps. get crowbar to post
some of his.regardsKev

Aye well Crow Bar must be lying low, the owld divel , Eh whats he up to. Hes probabley working on his old Albion Tractor Unit. It was one of John Crows from new. & Crowbar rescued it & is now restoring it to its former glory., I will try & get in touch with him, & see if he will come to the Xmas get together, Regards Larry