Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Im sure there is one of these Fords still at Newcastle Airport, used during the winter for clearing the snow.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Im sure there is one of these Fords still at Newcastle Airport, used during the winter for clearing the snow.

Is it a rigid or an artic unit though? :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is quite poor picture of a Scammell Crusader.

Crusader.jpg

Wheel Nut:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Is it a rigid or an artic unit though? :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as I know its a unit with a ballast box on, Ive never seen it but a pal of mine works there so the next time I see him I will ask him just to make sure, Regards Larry

Wheel Nut:

adr:
What a Beast! :smiling_imp:

Err, :confused:

What the Ford or the Face!!!

v7victor:
What the Ford or the Face!!!

Yes quite strange that picture, only borrowed from the interweb to compare the truck then and now, or is it now and then. :wink:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Give that to some of the young superstars at ES’s and tell them to get off down the road with it and they would be physically ill. They wouldn’t know where to start.
Sorry, the photo hasn’t shown, it’s the old 8 legger ERF, roped and sheeted.
I’ll get used to this computer business if I keep trying. :unamused:

Stanfield:
Some pics here for the scrapbook,
transportphotos.com/road/photos3210

is that one of costain dowmacs behind reeds ?

Spot on robbie Its definatley a Costains Leyland

Hello lads,heres more from me then.

One from my old pal Adrian Cypher,2 A.E.Cs.,the Mk3 Mammoth Major looks like its an A.E.Evans…you can see the fleet number above the headlight…Chris Webb might confirm this.The Ergo overtaking looks like its got Cheadle written on the door.Note theres no armco barrier on the central reservation on this bit of the M4…classic picture. :smiley:

I might have put this one on before but it dont hurt to see it again…The sheeting on this will get Harry Gill going!!!

Ok fast foward 25 years,this 82 was seen in Monmouth.

Raglan services for this 112,it was its first week on the road and the driver was going to Plymouth…why do I remember this crap!!.

One of Mr Kens old motors which ended up with G.T.Stone of Camborne.

A.J.Andersons 144s takes a rest on Membrey services M4.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Strange the sheeting is so bad as this lot used to do newsprint into Fleet Street.
What a great picture though.

Liverpool Docks.

859.jpg

What a great picture. I remember having proper policemen on the exit gate on Hull Docks

Thanks Marcus Going try to put some on