Scr/egr exhaust

Just out of interest could you get side pipes or a stack on a truck with egr or scr :question: :smiley:

Cheers

yes, but they would have to be fitted after the silencer.

the new volvo’s still have upright exhausts on them

So you probably wouldn’t get a nice exhaust note?

don’t know about that, never actually listened to them

but you never actually asked that :unamused:

shuttlespanker:
don’t know about that, never actually listened to them

but you never actually asked that :unamused:

Yeah i know but i thought about it afterwards. :smiley:
Cheers

just a thought, i drove an 03globby 460 with an upright (factory fitted) but this never had an exhaust silencer on the side of the chassis as they usually do, this was just a pipe an a flexi from the turbo but it sound the exact same as out 420 globby which had a normal exhaust ?

is the factory fitted exhaust silenced ?

mark h:
just a thought, i drove an 03globby 460 with an upright (factory fitted) but this never had an exhaust silencer on the side of the chassis as they usually do, this was just a pipe an a flexi from the turbo but it sound the exact same as out 420 globby which had a normal exhaust ?

That’s a strange one. Are you sure there wasn’t any kind of silencer on it? Even with a vari vane turbo you should still hear a load of exhaust noise

Steve-o:

mark h:

That’s a strange one. Are you sure there wasn’t any kind of silencer on it? Even with a vari vane turbo you should still hear a load of exhaust noise

it was just like that except the newer model exhaust

it sounded exact same as a normal fh12 but there was no silencer fitted as it had the same tank as the 1 in that pic maybe bigger and a L shape tank on the other side modelled around the battery box

mark h:

Steve-o:

mark h:

it was just like that except the newer model exhaust

it sounded exact same as a normal fh12 but there was no silencer fitted as it had the same tank as the 1 in that pic maybe bigger and a L shape tank on the other side modelled around the battery box

Could the silencer be under the mesh thing in the middle like on an eminox one?

my exact thought R/boy

bloke who does my servicing has 2 new scania 620,s both with twin eminox on and they sound very nice, dont look quite right though with steam coming out the top instead of black smoke :laughing: