Scott's of Oldham

53.jpgERF LV Reg No SBU 567G, originally a 4 wheeler prime mover, is seen here now as a 4x2 tractor unit after being cut down by ERF at Sandbach.
Taken in Scott’s yard at Pine Mill Oldham the mill chimneys in the background now long gone belonged to the Coldhurst Mill which is now part of the Royal Oldham Hospital on Rochdale Road.

More info on the Scott’s of Oldham Archive

With the demise of Fotopic the old ‘Scotts of Oldham’ website is now dead in the water and gone.
Fortunately with the help of Barry Scott and former driver Jack Kershaw we have between us quite a few images and information regarding the long gone company so thanks to Trucknet all is not lost.

Some great pic’s there moomooland. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Paul,
Can’t wait for the Sammy Scott’s site to be up and running (already bookmarked it!) it’s really get the old memory banks working overtime :laughing: :laughing:
Pass my regards onto Jack K although I don’t think he will remember me, I was the young lad who drove one of the Foden S80’s for Henry Johnsons from 76 to 78 and was a mate (next door neighbour) of Billy (Whizz) Hodgkiss when he was on for Prescotts.
Regards
Dave Penn;

great photos,my dad probably drove some of them lol

have you got a photo of a six wheeler artic unit foden with a girder as a bumper?? thats what my dad drove from brand new

davepenn54:
Hi Paul,
Can’t wait for the Sammy Scott’s site to be up and running (already bookmarked it!) it’s really get the old memory banks working overtime :laughing: :laughing:
Pass my regards onto Jack K although I don’t think he will remember me, I was the young lad who drove one of the Foden S80’s for Henry Johnsons from 76 to 78 and was a mate (next door neighbour) of Billy (Whizz) Hodgkiss when he was on for Prescotts.
Regards
Dave Penn;

One of the pictures i have posted below shows John Sykes (on the left) and owner Dennis Scott.
John Sykes who worked in Scott’s transport office for many years was in fact the brother of the well known comedian Eric Sykes known for his BBC television sitcom with Hattie Jacques and Deryck Guyler, called Sykes.

A couple of then and now pictures

Left Westhulme Street Oldham in 1964 and above right Westhulme Street Oldham in 2009

Left Pine Mill Sherwood Street Oldham in 1970.
The exact same position is seen on the right in 2009 with
all that remains the length of red brick wall on the right

sad stiller:
great photos,my dad probably drove some of them lol

have you got a photo of a six wheeler artic unit foden with a girder as a bumper?? thats what my dad drove from brand new

i"ve sent you an email about scotts with a few names of the old drivers that my dad can remember,hope you like it,please can you ask BARRY SCOTT to read it.

my mistake the foden my dad drove was for ELIAH BROADBENT of failsworth NOT SCOTTS my mistake :blush:

regards justin

sad stiller:

sad stiller:
my mistake the foden my dad drove was for ELIAH BROADBENT of failsworth NOT SCOTTS my mistake :blush:

regards justin

Hi Justin,
Would it be this Foden your dad drove by any chance at the time this photograph was taken the driver was Ted Kershaw.

John Sykes brother. A brilliant comedian :stuck_out_tongue: If you have never seen the plank, go get it now :smiley:

Would like to say thanks for posting the pictures and
the exchange of views that people have posted is
wonderful,have also marked the site, it is good
and is well worth a visit and good long slow read.

moomooland:

sad stiller:

sad stiller:

regards justin

Hi Justin,
Would it be this Foden your dad drove by any chance at the time this photograph was taken the driver was Ted Kershaw.

no it was a mickey mouse cabbed one,it was e reg unit the driver who had it before my dad was called ERIC ETHILLS and the f reg was driven by TOMMY COCKRAN,my dad was there between 65/68.

altitude:
Some great pic’s there moomooland. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you and thanks to everyone who has been in touch by email the response has been great with some great old Scott’s images being sent to me.
If anyone else out there should have any old Scott’s pictures lying about on top of the wardrobe in the loft or under your sofa please can you send them as it would be a shame not to share them as they could be otherwise lost for ever. :slight_smile:

Thanks to Peter J Davies for supplying this latest image

hiya paul,

my dad as sent you an email about scotts can you let me know if you get it please??

either email me on my email or post in here thanks,

regards justin

sad stiller:
hiya paul,

my dad as sent you an email about scotts can you let me know if you get it please??

either email me on my email or post in here thanks,

regards justin

Thanks Justin

Have passed your email on to Jack Kershaw and Barry Scott they will send him a reply

This picture was sent to me by 88 year old ex driver Arthur Wilson who is seen driving the AEC Marshall in the 1966 Oldham Carnival.

This is only one of quite a few photographs sent to me this week if any one else has any old Scott’s pictures can you please get in touch as every old surviving picture is unique! :slight_smile:

Hi Paul,are these any good to you. :laughing:

Cheers Marc. :wink:

bubbleman:
Hi Paul,are these any good to you. :laughing:

Cheers Marc. :wink:

WOW! Thanks Marc have sent you a pm.
Regards Paul

The ERF above looks like it has just returned from Desert Storm :slight_smile:

A superb on the road shot courtesy of renowned lorry photographer Peter J Davies.

Hi Paul Did Scotts ever run any commer artics in the late fiftys Regards Foden 46