Scottish storm last thursday

ok 90 mph winds - snow blizzards and all the rest of it , me and my buddy took the decision not to go to northampton from the central belt of scotland last thurs due to the extreme weather , we were to travel empty . every police force in scotland was tellin high siders to keep of the roads , but our office numpty decide’s he knows better , he has no hgv licence by the way , so we lost 2 days work , thats our call , but ever since last thurs this office gimp has been makin rather nasty remarks about our decision not to drive …both me and my buddy have 26 years class 1 under our belts. …now do i have any backup health and saftey wise on this issue before i kick said office gimps head in , thanks :imp:

It depends. What does it say in your contract with regard to your job description? Driver or Fair Weather Driver?

driver , been on my ribs before and it aint clever

i got it aswell because of last thursday. though the decision got left to me to run (eg your going out)

Warned management that if i felt it wasnt worth i will be turning round without warning. did 13 miles in total that day then got the sissy comment…soon shut them up when i got them to sit in the truck in the sheltered yard and even though they were getting shook about.

just tell him to shut his puss and next time its windy like that throw the keys at him and tell him to do it. hell soon shutup

Agree with Gogzy, no need for H&S, just common sense - and tell bawjaws tae get tae.

he’s already been told tae shut it by the boss man …result :smiley: