Scottish Middle East Hauliers

Hi, Gavin,
The company may have been Axwell, from Broxburn, the driver Bobby Marr?.
Dave.

Hi Gavin,I have been searching the old grey matter and guess what Dave Mackie beat me to it. I also am pretty sure it was Axwell of East Mains Industrial estate in Broxburn. One of their drivers was Tommy Alston who later worked for Scomo of Musselburgh. He was a laugh a minute, one night while waiting for a ferry from Zeebrugge, there were a few of us in the upstairs resturaunt when Tommy got talking to a german driver, the subject got round to the second world war and Tommy said he knew why Rommel had lost the north African campaign.The German fell into the trap and asked tommy why. Tommy replied because Hitler had taken his Shell card off of him. The table erupted in laughter, but the german was not amused. Regards Jamie.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

Hi all, those names don’t ring any bells but that doesn’t mean a lot these days!
Gavin

aye Jamie, worked with Tommy on Swans, early 80’s, Bertie Brown was the manager then.
Dave.

Hi Wheelnut

How was it running thru Yugo before the the split? I have been to Bosnia, Kosovo,Slovenia and Croatia since the split but Yugoslavia as one country was before my time. I hear so many differant views from drivers who either hated or loved parking up there!! Frank used to tell me of parking up in the National hotel in Belgrade and said the same as you about the bullitts in the guns :unamused:.Personally im not sure if i would take that chance but i suppose you wouldnt no until you put on the spot? :smiley:

Hi colin.f.whitetrans,

Glad you put me on to this thing, cant turn the bloody thing of and i should of been in bed hours ago! i think that Ben is the lad we met in dover that drove a 7.5 tonner from round about the stoke area, see your mentionong geordie, any idea what hes doing now?

LRM:
Hi colin.f.whitetrans,

Glad you put me on to this thing, cant turn the bloody thing of and i should of been in bed hours ago! i think that Ben is the lad we met in dover that drove a 7.5 tonner from round about the stoke area,

That would be me. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Big Geordie is still working for Alex Scott doing the fish to italy and no doubt still holding the bar up :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley:

colin.f.whitetrans:
Big Geordie is still working for Alex Scott doing the fish to italy and no doubt still holding the bar up :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley:

He’s 67 Now, seen him at his brothers funeral just before the new year. No intention of hanging his boots up

Hi Brian

I heard the sad news about his brother. Please tell him im asking for him when you see him again

Reg Colin

Hi All just try to load a picture link

scania142:
Hi All just try to load a picture link
images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/S … /3/Picture 002.jpg

The links not working

Hi Brian
Iam just trying to get to grips with posting pictures on here

tam,
Just a wee bit big, but never mind you’ll get there. :slight_smile:

Hi, a good photo of Alec Peat and George Scott standing beside the Eskside Intl Daf. I last seen Alec In Mosul when i helped him out of hospital after a major operation. I believe he flew home from Baghdad and had more surgery in scotland. I have often enquired about him but nobody seemed to know where he was or how he is. I last saw George Scott in halley’s yard at Braintree when he had returned from russia with Frank Whites F16. I First met them both when they subbed for Dobson of edinburgh in the early seventies. regards Jamie.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

Jeez he never changes, still got the shirt wide open!!! Mind you the shirts are a bit more mellow with age :question: :smiley: :smiley:

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Falcongate :astonished: .
Didn’t they have a depot in Aberdeen ? , I can remember running with a Scottish lad called Gordon who was based in Aberdeen.
I know that they used to have a depot in Birkenhead but I thought that they were originally a Scottish company who in later years closed the depot in Aberdeen and moved the operation down to Birkenhead. I remember loading pipes for a drilling rig in Southern Turkey once in Great Yarmouth and I think that had something to do with Falcongate.
Regards Steve.

This is one of Andrew Alves in a Volvo F88 These photos were kindly given to me by John henderson who was the young lad in the photo between Alex Peat And George Scott. John now works for Scottish transport news.

This is one of Frank white

Hi Scania 142

Nice photos, please keep them coming if you have more :smiley: