SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE.

Yorkshire will be going for independence next, it does have a bigger population than Scotland!

Martin:
Yorkshire will be going for independence next, it does have a bigger population than Scotland!

With that logic so should london

If there is a yes vote and Scotland has to apply to be in the EU, would that mean that you wouldn’t need to be CPC qualified to drive in Scotland?

let em go I say…

No more pennies from the English government …
Funny that the Welsh have their own government but still take a fair crack of cash from the English and Scottish people to pay their Health service police and fire etc

Jelliot:
Never heard such a load of ■■■■■■■■,

Are you going to ban all the other none English trucks from your roads as well ■■?

Are you going to give us back all our oil and gas that you took ■■?

Are you going to set up our ship yards that you destroyed ■■?

Are you going to give us the money you took for our steel industry that you exploited, then destroyed ■■?

Are you going to give us the money you took from our coal that you needed to run your southern factories ■■?

Are you going to give us the schools,education , and hospitals you promised but failed to do ■■?

Are still going to try and take our pride like you have for the last 1000 years and failed ■■?

Just in case you haven’t notice the only people that call them selves British are the English, everyone else has their own identity.

Jeff…

jesus, not Alex Salmond’s love child by any chance are you? :slight_smile:

nearly there:

Martin:

With that logic so should london

YES! If London goes independent we can invade it, annihilate it, then implement a grid system with ample parking and loading space. :smiley:

Jelliot:
Never heard such a load of ■■■■■■■■,

Are you going to ban all the other none English trucks from your roads as well ■■?

Are you going to give us back all our oil and gas that you took ■■?

Are you going to set up our ship yards that you destroyed ■■?

Are you going to give us the money you took for our steel industry that you exploited, then destroyed ■■?

Are you going to give us the money you took from our coal that you needed to run your southern factories ■■?

Are you going to give us the schools,education , and hospitals you promised but failed to do ■■?

Are still going to try and take our pride like you have for the last 1000 years and failed ■■?

Just in case you haven’t notice the only people that call them selves British are the English, everyone else has their own identity.

Jeff…

Never mind Jeff, a chip on both shoulders is always better than just the one isn’t it.

Mike-C:
Scotland is already a country in its own right . . . it is in fact an EU member now

Scotland is not an EU member, neither are England, Wales or Northern Ireland - the United Kingdom is a member of the European Parliament. Hence should any one of those countries leave the United Kingdom they would have to apply for membership in their own right.

Stan

Why? Wouldn’t England, Wales & NI still be a United Kingdom?? :confused:

Of course they would still be part of the UK. That is what I said.

Dear me.

Stan

regardless on where you’re from, where you live, whether you want to split, stay together or couldn’t give a ■■■■, does anyone think alex salmond comes across well?

stevieboy308:
regardless on where you’re from, where you live, whether you want to split, stay together or couldn’t give a [zb], does anyone think alex salmond comes across well?

No and I hope we stay as we are. Eddie.

Can we park the nuke subs in the the shadow of tower bridge :wink:

I’ve had to remove a few posts that were off topic and pointless!

Keep the thread on topic or I’ll remove the whole thread.

Stanley Knife:

Mike-C:
Scotland is already a country in its own right . . . it is in fact an EU member now

Scotland is not an EU member, neither are England, Wales or Northern Ireland - the United Kingdom is a member of the European Parliament. Hence should any one of those countries leave the United Kingdom they would have to apply for membership in their own right.

Stan

I’ll take your word for it. If they’re not currently a member then they’re doing a good impersonation act, aside from being a European Parliment Constituency in their own right they also have six Scottish MEPS. Similar situation applies for NI and Wales. The only Country in the UK without a Parlimentary Constituency of its own is England. England is split into several European Constituencies. As such there is no such thing as an English MEP, whilst we have Scottish, Welsh and NI ones.

You’re correct - but that doesn’t make Scotland an EU member.

Stan

stevieboy308:
regardless on where you’re from, where you live, whether you want to split, stay together or couldn’t give a [zb], does anyone think alex salmond comes across well?

He’s been asked more than once if the Referendum vote is NO will he resign - and he’s always side-stepped the answer.

Surely if you have campaigned for this policy, one of the main stays of the SNP since its conception, and the country says no you would fall on your sword immediately?

Stan

As a Scotsman who has been living in England for 50 years and who has a son who has been living in “bonny Dundee” for 3 years I find the whole notion pointless and unworthy of concern. As Rab C Nesbit would say “There’ll be nae independance in this hoose!!” Jim.