Scottish hauliers warned!

ciltuk.org.uk/ExploreCILT/Ne … abID%3d235

If our Government and the EU would think in a sensible but simple manner, Then all road funding throughout the EU could be streamlined.
Each member state should charge a lorry about £1000 per year in domestic road tax.
If the haulier wishes to cross borders, Then he should be charged a further £1000 per year for EU road tax.
No tolls, Vignettes, or pay per km.
I don’t think Scottish or Irish firms should have to pay any extra to come here though.

Our boss was joking about this today saying we will need to find somewhere in grenta to do our switch instead of southwaite :laughing:

more scaremongering

Please tell me I’m not the only one who read that link as “Explore ■■■■” and was very careful about pressing it?

all we need to do is charge English and Welsh hauliers to use our roads, seems like a pointless exercise. :unamused:

dew:
Please tell me I’m not the only one who read that link as “Explore ■■■■” and was very careful about pressing it?

Pheeeeww, I’m glad I’m not the only that’s got it on my mind then!!!

its a no brainer really,Scotland going it alone would be crackers,they would have to leave the EU,and have their own currency amongst a plethora of other changes.

5thwheel:
its a no brainer really,Scotland going it alone would be crackers,they would have to leave the EU,and have their own currency amongst a plethora of other changes.

They have their own currency already, similar to ours, But no sod south of Lancaster accepts it. :laughing:

Nice, nice dew. :slight_smile:

limeyphil:

5thwheel:

They have their own currency already, similar to ours, But no sod south of Lancaster accepts it. :laughing:

I always ask for “English” notes when I’m due back south and they look at me gone out behind the counter, :unamused: until I tell em it’s a right pain in the arse to get them accepted especially in boozers :unamused: :smiley:

I love doing a big shop at asda with Northern Irish £50 notes. The bigger the que the better. :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
Nice, nice dew. :slight_smile:

:laughing: What can I say?

limeyphil:

5thwheel:

thats why after i’v done bordr and passport control i stop at the bureau de change at carlisle to change my scottish cash for the english ones :slight_smile:

scotstrucker:

limeyphil:

5thwheel:

thats why after i’v done bordr and passport control i stop at the bureau de change at carlisle to change my scottish cash for the english ones :slight_smile:

What’s the exchange rate like these days? :wink: :smiley:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

scotstrucker:

limeyphil:

5thwheel:

What’s the exchange rate like these days? :wink: :smiley:

rubbish, you dont gain but ya dont loose either lol :laughing:

FarnboroughBoy11:

dew:

Pheeeeww, I’m glad I’m not the only that’s got it on my mind then!!!

That’ll be a +3 from me then :blush: :laughing:

taking my tape measure with me tonight, I’m gonna see how big the gates need to be at Gretna, then put a bid in for the job…