Scottish first minister announces resignation

That went well didn’t it? In an age of brief tenures surely this is one of the briefest?

1 Like

Yeah, all his bravado has gone hasn’t it? What was he thinking, kicking out his power-sharing colleagues? What made him think that was going to fly?

But he’s still beaten Truss surely?

I have no horse in this race and I’m happy for the Scottish people to vote or choose whichever way they like, but as you intimated it appears to be political suicide to divorce himself from the greens. Perhaps he believes his own press?

Yusef in office a year to the day I think.
Truss 49 days?

But as already pointed out, a very strange tactic to estrange one’s coalition partners.

He should have had some wiser advisors, someone to say:
"Humza, I admire your work, your ability to overcome discrimination by being the first non-white Scottish First Minister, and your radical modern policies even though you’re in woke overdrive, but if you come rand my 'ouse telling me I can’t 'av no more deep fried Mars bars no more, I’d say Oi! Yusef! Nooooooooooo!

Looks like his future is mapped already :+1:

At the risk of the wrath of the ‘Salem esque’
‘Racist hunters’ on here :roll_eyes:
I would say one conceited gobby Muslim with ideas above his station down, one to go.

In the form of Sadiq F. Khan. :rage:

Oh I dunno mate, he’s achieved exactly what he set out to do I’d say.

Why should anyone who doesn’t live in London care about what Khan does?
Unless you’ve got lots of funds invested in Shandy production?

I don’t particularly care about what happens in London itself per se, I do care about the pervasive and malignant fallout from his tenure spreading to places where proper people live. Monkey see monkey do seems to be prevalent in a lot of areas waaay away from London.

I don’t go into London myself anymore…thank Christ.
(I did used to actually enjoy going there, and then parking up at one of the many truck parks provided, and sampling the social side of the job in the early days btw.)

But is it not him and his anti truck ilk, that has now made making deliveries into London (in time to get in and out again) into virtually some kind of a challenge to drivers?

To be fair I think Salmond had a minority government that proceeded with the support of the Greens. He was probably thinking about that, but such is the level of maturity in politics these days…

I think there is a lot to be said for minority Govs.

Stop a big majority party from pushing through too extreme stuff, and try to prevent things from swinging between extremes.

The current coalition ( :wink: the Tories + ERG) might be a counter argument though, where the tail is wagging the dog.

If the Tories weren’t in with Khan or raving red Livingstone before him they wouldn’t have created the GLC/GLA or at least have abolished it long before now.
While SNP would be made an illegal organisation of Communists masquerading as a credible Scottish government.
The whole set up is an agenda within agendas.