Scotland Pallet Network

Was just wondering while sat queuing on the M6 last night, how do the Scottish firms do the run to the pallet hubs in the Midlands every night? Do they double man or do changeovers somewhere? I know some of them can trap on a fair bit but still…

Double manned and Priority at the hub :smiley: I think.

And they travel at slightly under the speed of light which helps over a ten hour drive.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

The ones from the Highlands night out, or certainly at TPN they used to. The bigger parcel networks will do changeovers at say Carlisle.

The one that got me thinking was from Forfar. That must be 8/9 hours? Then it passed me on the way back up, not certain it was the same wagon as didn’t clock the reg but same make unit. At full steam ahead as someone mentioned lol

md1987:
The one that got me thinking was from Forfar. That must be 8/9 hours? Then it passed me on the way back up, not certain it was the same wagon as didn’t clock the reg but same make unit. At full steam ahead as someone mentioned lol

i think they have a driver based in the penrith area, forfar lad comes down and goes in lodging whilst other lad takes it to hub tips reloads and runs back up and meets the forfar driver again who returns back to forfar with the loaded trailer

I do three different runs to hubs in Telford, Birmingham and Burto on Trent, all as doubleman runs, usually a 14 hour shift, from Scotland, Central belt.

Sapper

Used to see DD’s swapping drivers and watering the wheels at Killington lake on M6, approx halfway.