Scotland Out Of The EU

Was listening to Jeremy vine today .Should scotland vote to leave the uk then we will be kicked out of the EU . This got me thinking , can i throw my digi card in the bin and not bother renewing my DCPC card ,
,have to operate cabbotage when i cross at gretna ? raises more questions than it answers dont you think?

I think mr salmond will have to live in exile somewhere

See this could cause a few probs Scotland being a non EU country might have to apply special rules as some countries do AETRE ■■ think

Know my son would be out of there if they did vote to leave as would a couple mate that live up there

ND888 BIGJ:

If Mr. Salmond can get England kicked out the EU he’s welcome to exile at my house :laughing:

That was mentioned today that ppl might vote yes just because we will get kicked out. Its true what they say be carefull what you wish for lol

There would have to be a full-on land border between England and Scotland with customs, TIR the lot.

Scots living in England and English living in Scotland would have to decide which passport they wanted.

Scotland would have to have its own currency, and take responsibility for its defence or join NATO…if NATO will have them.

I don’t think they’ve thought it through…

GasGas:
There would have to be a full-on land border between England and Scotland with customs, TIR the lot.

Scots living in England and English living in Scotland would have to decide which passport they wanted.

Scotland would have to have its own currency, and take responsibility for its defence or join NATO…if NATO will have them.

good points gas but i was more interested how it would effect the transport industry would we ditch our digi cards abandon periodic training ? it all has its pros and cons maybe we could have our own rules and regs to suit our industry but would we have to abide by englands rules once we cross the border ?

Over to you Mr salmond

Our great grandparents fought in the wars so that we could live in a great britain/England or whatever, not to live in Europe. I remember years and years ago there used to be a big fuss about “don’t let Europe rule Britain” (don’t know if anyone remembers it, I was just a wee nipper but I remember seeing stickers in car windows etc).

The last people to try and ban smoking were the nazis,
The last people to try and breed a super race (ie no obese people) were the same folk.

Sometimes it’s as if we live in a modern day ■■■■ regime.

Sorry for the random rant.

If Scotland want out, fair play to em I say, I hope they know what they’re doing. I know one things for sure, Cameron and his minions certainly don’t have a clue.

ND888 BIGJ:
Was listening to Jeremy vine today .Should scotland vote to leave the uk then we will be kicked out of the EU . This got me thinking , can i throw my digi card in the bin and not bother renewing my DCPC card ,
,have to operate cabbotage when i cross at gretna ? raises more questions than it answers dont you think?

This argument has been going on for decades. I was listening to that show via ‘TUNE IN’ app for a while. If Scotland leave the UK they would be destroying their own future, Scotland needs England and vice versa. If they do separate then do it properly, full border control, passports and ban all ginger hair from crossing south :laughing:
They want out of the UK but want to keep the pound, they don’t want to be ruled by England but they don’t mind being ruled by the French and Germans.
It’s like Ireland wanting to have nothing to do with the UK but still wanting free access to England and all the benefits, they separated from the UK years ago ad are now controlled by Europe :laughing:

It would all make more sense if/when we get out of the EU too.We both survived ok before we joined it and ended up worse off by paying for the privilege of having a massive trade deficit with the EEC/EU whereas we had a trade surplus with the place before we joined.The Isle of Man and the Channel Islands aren’t part of the EU nor are Switzerland and Norway.Both us and an independent Scotland would do just fine out of the costly mistake of being in Europe.While the idea that we can’t have peace in Europe without effectively being ruled by the Germans seems like ironic bs.

GasGas:

There’s no need for TIR between the EU and Swiss and the Swiss accept Euros as easily as Swiss Francs in most places.While under the global free market economy and our open door immigration policy,which seems like a case of putting foreigners first over our own national identity and indigenous population,why bother with the forces anyway we might as well declare ourselves neutral and save all the money spent on defence.Because if the Chinese and Russians want the place they already effectively own it anyway because of the debt we owe them and while we’re fighting the Taliban in Afghan all they need to do is walk in at Dover where they’d be welcomed with open arms by the local councils in the South East and given a council house. :unamused:

Hadrian need not have taken all that trouble to build that wall. Hitler need not have gone through all that invading stuff with war. All they both had to do was think of the EU first. Now we could end up with a border that doesn’t need a wall building and since the EU was formed the UK has been invaded without a shot being fired. 1 in every 8 persons who lives here was born elsewhere. No wonder our wages are crap

If it happens there will be plenty of work for the Brickies putting that wall back up. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Carryfast:
It would all make more sense if/when we get out of the EU too.

I don’t want to go back to those endless hours at Aachen going from window to window!

Sorry, is this SCOTLAND gets kicked out by a third party IF SCOTLAND votes to leave the UK?
ENGLAND gets kicked out of it’s daft enough to let Scotland go?
ENGLAND gets a guaranteed referendum once SCOTLAND is out?
SCOTLAND gets kicked out of the UK if SCOTLAND decides to leave/join the Euro?

…and to cap it all off, it’s not someone of importance venturing more than an opinion here right?

Someone tell me WTF Scots actually think of all this, rather than some monied TV git…

Up to very recently I was very pro independence. But after thinking carefully about it what we (the UK) need to do is stick together and leave the EU. They are dictators using a different title. So Mr Cameron no more messing around using a referendum on leaving the EU as a bribe to get the Tories re-elected I did run a poll on here a couple of months back and over 90% want out. So here is my bribe to mr Cameron give us our vote on EU and I WILL vote Tory at the next election.

The promise of a referendum on it’s own is not enough. You KNOW what Cameron will do… “Put a promise in the 2015 manifesto”!

F…that. A referendum this side of the election, if you please, so that it has time to be fully implemented by 2015.

In other words, if we’re the non-eu state of UK already OUT of Europe by 2015, then I’ll vote Tory.
No promises, just get it done or Cameron won’t even last until the next election himself, 'cos he’ll get removed like Thatcher once the Tories realise that he’s the only impedement to actually winning 2015 outright… :smiling_imp:

The germans have almost got what they want and i bet its costing them much less this time round. If Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England stopped ■■■■■■■ about and pulled together instead of fighting eachother we could be quite a powerful country and we’d all be better off!

Ok the UK pulls out of the EU which seems to be the opinion here,We have a blank canvas regarding our transport industry lets wright our own rules no interferance from any pen pushers who have never even been in a truck let alone drive one.

My first one would be the facillities for drivers free showers subsidised meals free parking for UK registered lorries.A heavy levy on non UK trucks entering our border.

there must be loads more thing that need changing

Saaamon:
The germans have almost got what they want and i bet its costing them much less this time round. If Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England stopped [zb] about and pulled together instead of fighting eachother we could be quite a powerful country and we’d all be better off!

Here! Here! :smiley:

An independent UK would have foreign trucks having to leave their imported goods at the newly-expanded dockside warehouses, because tax disk legislation is enforced to such an extent that it no longer pays an overseas firm to have a cheapo trucker on our roads when we could do it ourselves, and solve our own lack of full time jobs at the same time.

Personally I’d LOVE to get a proper full time job on the freight forwarding side of the business!
At present, I don’t even get that on agency though, so there can’t be a lot of it around.

I notice Saints near heathrow have fixed their sign up all nice now! :smiley:

Get that Boris Island built, and we’ll see one of their depots opened up around here I’m sure!