Scotch Corner Lay by

What,s the score with overnight parking in the westbound A66 lay-by at Scotch Corner, there’s a big “No o/night parking” sign at the front but it is ALWAYS full, does the law just turn a blind eye and/or purge it every so often, never bother with it at all, or what, has anybody on here ever been nicked on there? I know I have made a point on here before about refusing to park in lay bys, but I am open to it if there is a pub nearby as in that one :wink:

They have a purge every now n then.
No idea when the last one was, or when the next one is likely.

robroy:
What,s the score with overnight parking in the westbound A66 lay-by at Scotch Corner, there’s a big “No o/night parking” sign at the front but it is ALWAYS full, does the law just turn a blind eye and/or purge it every so often, never bother with it at all, or what, has anybody on here ever been nicked on there? I know I have made a point on here before about refusing to park in lay bys, but I am open to it if there is a pub nearby as in that one :wink:

as simon says they purge it every now and then, just stay out the loos after dark unless you wanting “some fun” lol

The sign has the word “no” taped over - therefore no offence commited :wink:

What if you were almost out of hours, surely they could’nt prosecute you for parking then.

Al

parked a few times there over night never had any bother. think sign aimed at those having a overnight through the day

I believe the overnight parking ban there started a few years ago. Apparently the layby is used for a lot of North South Trailer changes. The Police said that this coupled with trucks parking there overnight meant that some of the trailer changes were taking place to close to the road for safety. They also said that there were plenty of other places to park overnight in the area.

I suppose with Police cut back especially in Traffic, remember cameras are the answer to all road Policing :laughing: so we don’t need all those patrol cars, They really haven’t got time to spend every night stopping truck parking in the layby.

i pass the area almsot every day and late nights when trucks parked up alot of time there is police car or 2 sitting at end of waiting for his bonus

On a slightly related subject I was through that way last week and going through Kirkby Stephen (in my car) I followed a Dutch registered MAN al the way through to the A66 and met another 2 foreign registered artics going south. On my return I stopped outside Kirkby Stephen for an hour and saw more foreigners going through. They can’t all be making deliveries, I know the MAN wasn’t because I had followed him from Tebay. How come the Police aren’t stopping them, I know a few English drivers who have tried to cut through and they didn’t make it.

That layby is called Sedbury layby, I’ve never known any enforcement for overnight parking there.

I’m sure I’ve been told or read that they had a purge a few years ago and they were doing people for something along the lines of incomplete rest, it sounded a bit random then which is why it’s stuck in my mind, but it could be ■■■■■■■■

cieranc:
That layby is called Sedbury layby, I’ve never known any enforcement for overnight parking there.

You have the name correct.
I have known and been the subject of their no overnight parking enforcement. It was a good few years ago though.

Your good to go there.

Reguarly stop at scotch corner for my 45 dont ever recall seeing a police car in there late at night / early hours

also just a warning for u all that some one is going round pulling ur pins.a lad at our place knew a lad who had a 45 got out for a ■■■■ just had a walk to strech his legs looks under his trl notices his pins been pull but they also put his clip back on making it look as if its in.and this was at scotch corner.so watch out boys as winding ur legs up with 28ton in lower gear is not very nice indeed.