Scotch Corner/ A66 Layby

Just a quick heads up as I pulled in there yesterday for a cuppa and a bacon roll.
The place was locked up including the toilets.
A sign on the door said something along the lines of closed due to something to do with the tenancy agreement.
I’d been looking forward to that butty for 40 miles. :unamused:

Meduc:
Just a quick heads up as I pulled in there yesterday for a cuppa and a bacon roll.
The place was locked up including the toilets.
A sign on the door said something along the lines of closed due to something to do with the tenancy agreement.
I’d been looking forward to that butty for 40 miles. :unamused:

I’d of thought that place would be a good little earner , always plenty buying , shame

Same for me on Saturday. Stopped at the van in the layby just past the A66 motel and he was saying that the guy had retired and it was going to be refurbished before another tenant takes it over. Will miss the fantastic breakfast roll. Tasty but messy.

You mean the first layby when you come off the A1 west bound? If that’s closed then that’s a big loss, could never pass there without stopping and couldn’t not buy something when I smelled their bacon

Couple of butty vans further West A66 in laybyes,
the 1st one near the quarry entrance is usually open from 430am!!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

It’s a shame is that.
I’m usually not one for burger vans tbh, and I’m a bit fussy and selective about them, but I’ve used that one for years.

Sedbury lay by