scooters

got just passed 5 lanes today and it looked like they were carting away a 50 cc scooter , looke serious as they shut road , opened it for investigation etc.
n.b might have it all round my neck .
but just lately ive passed scooters , tractors doing 20 m.p.h , cyclists , even people walking along the a1
whats actually legal ,
i had a sports scooter and it did 55 m.p.h on the flat [ no head wind ], but id of never took it on the A1, its just at the speed to get under trucks feet

Got stuck in that one today…Had to go through Retford…
Hope everybody is ok but it don’t look good.
Also saw the artic in the barriers just before it aswell

Personally I would have thought as the A1 is just that, an ‘A’ road, then anything could use it.

You must be totally mad to walk, cycle, ride scooters etc… on it though.

It always been a serious contention that it has the people travelling at the same speeds as on a motorway, yet has lots of sections that require some serious concentration.

There are only a few sections if i am correct you can cycle on.
Cyclists are allowed on dual carriageways, unless there are signs saying you cant. If you ride them right they are reasonable safe,
I was going along the section of dual-carrigeway on the A46 the other week with some other cyclists. Took alot of cencentration and alot more looking behind and around us, but the cafe stop(Six Hills cafe) there was nice. :laughing:

JoeG:
Cyclists are allowed on dual carriageways, unless there are signs saying you cant. If you ride them right they are reasonable safe,
I was going along the section of dual-carrigeway on the A46 the other week with some other cyclists. Took alot of cencentration and alot more looking behind and around us, but the cafe stop(Six Hills cafe) there was nice. :laughing:

You can cycle on all sections of the A1 that are not the (M) bits, which is the vast majority of it.

I nearly took out a scooter on the A1 once. It was on the unlit section between Grantham and Newark one night and the ■■■■ was doing about 20mph. I was that busy throwing pebbles at the traffic coming in the opposite direction that I didn’t see him til last second. :smiling_imp:

Rob K:

JoeG:

You can cycle on all sections of the A1 that are not the (M) bits, which is the vast majority of it.

I nearly took out a scooter on the A1 once. It was on the unlit section between Grantham and Newark one night and the [zb] was doing about 20mph. I was that busy throwing pebbles at the traffic coming in the opposite direction that I didn’t see him til last second. :smiling_imp:

the man on that scooter works for the highways dept. his job is to ride at 15 to 20 mph and pick up stones and small pebbles off the carriageway with a scooter pooper scooper :wink:

:laughing:

Rob K:

JoeG:

I nearly took out a scooter on the A1 once. It was on the unlit section between Grantham and Newark one night and the [zb] was doing about 20mph. I was that busy throwing pebbles at the traffic coming in the opposite direction that I didn’t see him til last second. :smiling_imp:

I thought there was some restrictions on some sections of the A1 which you could not cycle on. Must have got it wrong.
:laughing: