Schools

I’ve just had a letter home from school because I dared to buy my daughter some boots for walking to school in winter. They’re just normal black boots which she wears under her school trousers.

This is the third letter home we’ve had. One about wearing a coat outside during winter and one because she wore a belt on her trousers.

What the actual ■■■■ is wrong with people. Is it just teachers and other school adults (TAs Dinner ladies and the like) having an over inflated sense of their own importance or have I missed how wearing boots to keep your feet warm stops you being able to learn?

I’ve booked an appointment with her year head mainly cos I’m bored and want someone to shout at.

Has anyone else with children ( or grandchildren) come across this kind of nonsense

My mother-in-law went to pick up my eldest from school on the last day of term earlier this year, she waited for 10 minutes then went into the building only to be told she couldn’t, something to do with risk assessments and health & safety. What a load of…

mutley:
My mother-in-law went to pick up my eldest from school on the last day of term earlier this year, she waited for 10 minutes then went into the building only to be told she couldn’t, something to do with risk assessments and health & safety. What a load of…

They are getting far too above themselves. Teach my kids what the national curriculum tells them. Leave the rest to me and my family. Simples really

We got a letter during the last forecast spell of bad weather. On the Monday the letter read that under no circumstances do they plan to shut the school (it’s one if these new academies)
On the Thursday we got a text that they were shutting at lunchtime due to the weather.

Nanby Pamby’ism to the highest extreme ! :laughing:

Don’t forget- 90% of school children NEED to be chauffeured to school these days, so there is no need for Boots Or Coats, because most of the Chauffer’s will park as near to the classroom as possible. :angry:

They’ll probably invent ‘Drive Through’ drop off points soon, that actually drive into the classroom, so the ‘Wittle’ Cold Children wont even notice the temperature difference whilst getting out of the car & into the classroom. :unamused:

One snow flake.Schools shut.Health and safety they quote.
With all this heating in the class room it will spread bugs and germs.
Kids now have asthma.I drank raw cows milk as a nipper.This has helped my immune system in later life.
With being too clean the kids can not build up resistance to illness.
The home is full of cleaning products.
A bit of dirt ingested by a child is good for them.I swallowed cow manure when a kid.I survived.As the farm yard scraper would splash with an open mouth.
School mums cause mayhem when they drop them off.They use the £85,000 Range Rover but live a mile up the road as they are convinced the bogey man is out there.

I drive school buses,couple of months ago I dropped a kid at the Fire Station which is bang next to the school as there was a bus in front of me.His mother was livid and complained to the Council about my conduct.A short walk to school would do them a world of good,when they have mostly had sugar loaded cereals for their breakfast they are brimful of energy,so why not let them use it up.

toby1234abc:
Kids now have asthma.I drank raw cows milk as a nipper.This has helped my immune system in later life.
A bit of dirt ingested by a child is good for them.I swallowed cow manure when a kid.I survived.As the farm yard scraper would splash with an open mouth.
School mums cause mayhem when they drop them off.They use the £85,000 Range Rover but live a mile up the road as they are convinced the bogey man is out there.

You’ve got to eat a ton of ■■■■ before you die. If you don’t do it throughout your life you’ll be on your death bed with a pile of ■■■■ and a spoon

toby1234abc:

in a recent conversation about skin cancer , it was mentioned that it was unheard of in our day as we went outside to play and skin was either protected from the sun by good old fashioned muck or it got scraped off in the rough and tumble of life :smiley: :smiley: I agree with your point about kids these days not building up an immune system due to the sterile world they live in