School for stammerers

Just watching this now on ITV. Truck driver Tony Robinson (53) from Barnsley is having a really tough time with this affliction, to the point where he is in tears at the prospect of making phone calls and has even said he " doesn’t feel like a real man " :neutral_face:

Personally I think he is pretty brave to have this broadcast, so if anyone knows this chap, tell him he has my utmost respect & admiration.

Anyone on here have any speech issues/impediments?

Just watching it now, must be a terrible infliction to have. As you rightly say beaver, very brave to go on national TV and highlight this apparently common problem.

eagerbeaver:
Just watching this now on ITV. Truck driver Tony Robinson (53) from Barnsley is having a really tough time with this affliction, to the point where he is in tears at the prospect of making phone calls and has even said he " doesn’t feel like a real man " :neutral_face:

Personally I think he is pretty brave to have this broadcast, so if anyone knows this chap, tell him he has my utmost respect & admiration.

One of my first memories was actually going to speach therapy, you wouldn’t tell if you knew me like!

No one is born perfect, we all have our little quirks! :smiley:

yt03:

eagerbeaver:

One of my first memories was actually going to speach therapy, you wouldn’t tell if you knew me like!

Good man :sunglasses: We just have to work on your spelling now mate… :grimacing:

ps. I was born perfect and still am :wink:

eagerbeaver:

yt03:

eagerbeaver:

Good man :sunglasses: We just have to work on your spelling now mate… :grimacing:

Cheeky ■■■■ :laughing: with him saying he does not feel like a real man, he is… it takes guts to speak out :sunglasses:

eagerbeaver:

You used to be conceited, but now you’re perfect.

I had years of speech therapy, it’s still apparent now, but most people le don’t notice it. Got bullied rotten at school for it too, it really does destroy your confidence. Fair play to the guy for having the nuts to put himself in the spotlight.

The only person I know who has a speech impediment is my boss, he just cannot seem to form the word No when people offer him certain jobs others will turn down !

Fair play to the guy.
I too have an occasional stammer. Was worse when I was younger, but recurs sometimes.

Some I know would benefit from a course to help them speaking nonstop nonsense.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Captain Caveman 76:
Got bullied rotten at school for it too,.

Arnt some kids just horrible. Hate bullies and always stood up for the weaker ones at school but also used to get it for being darker skinned than the rest…

I know a lad with the worst stammer posible, with a touch of Tourettes as he is always whooping and squeeling.
Took years for him to even attempt a conversation with me, or anyone as he is really self concious about it.

Weirdly he has a lot of success with the ladies, how that works. I have no idea.

Pretty good MMA fighter too which I suppose comes with such an affliction. You either take it or dish it out.
Yet to see anyone take the ■■■■ out of him.

eagerbeaver:
Just watching this now on ITV.

I missed it bud, after my mate rang me to say…
‘‘Hey watch Big Brother tonight, that Willoughby bird had her Eartha Kitts out last night’’
I was expecting this.

Holly Willoughby.

But got this. :open_mouth:

The ■■■■ did not tell me it was Trans ■■■■■■ …India Willoughby :smiling_imp:

India-Willoughby.jpg

An hour of my life I’ll never get back. :laughing:

Barsteward !! :smiley:

There used to be a driver on Hayton Coulthards who had a really bad stutter, the worst I’ve ever come across, he was a lovely guy who must have dealt with it all his life as he retired last year.

Rentadent:
There used to be a driver on Hayton Coulthards who had a really bad stutter, the worst I’ve ever come across, he was a lovely guy who must have dealt with it all his life as he retired last year.

I met him umpteen times tipping or loading in the same place, really nice guy who would have helped anyone. I knew guys who worked with Coulthards who said the same thing about him, was also told he didn’t stutter when on the phone to his wife!

A good guy who deserves a nice retirement.

A.

robroy:

eagerbeaver:
Just watching this now on ITV.

I missed it bud, after my mate rang me to say…
‘‘Hey watch Big Brother tonight, that Willoughby bird had her Eartha Kitts out last night’’
I was expecting this.

Holly Willoughby.

But got this. :open_mouth:

The [zb] did not tell me it was Trans ■■■■■■ …India Willoughby :smiling_imp:

An hour of my life I’ll never get back. :laughing:

Barsteward !! :smiley:

Pardon my ignorance but it that the same thing that lost its skirt TWICE?

I have a speech impediment ,its called a stammer here, its a stutter in the U.S.A. Research has shown that people who are left handed are most likely to have a stammer. Also it hardly affects girls. The College of Speech Therapy was founded in the 1920s and they still haven’t come up with a cure. I knew a boy who was a very good singer but could hardly manage a sentence without his stammer holding him back.

Unbelievable what a four day course can do with the right people present.

Not really an emotional chap at all, but it was a challenge to keep my eyes dry at the end.

Only other time I felt that emotional was when a pound coin fell out of my pocket when dismounting my cab. The bloody thing rolled down a grid. Took me 3 months to recover from it :cry:

eagerbeaver:
Unbelievable what a four day course can do with the right people present.

Not really an emotional chap at all, but it was a challenge to keep my eyes dry at the end.

Only other time I felt that emotional was when a pound coin fell out of my pocket when dismounting my cab. The bloody thing rolled down a grid. Took me 3 months to recover it :cry:

Fixed that for you !!! :wink: :laughing:

Regards John.

Franglais:
Fair play to the guy.
I too have an occasional stammer. Was worse when I was younger, but recurs sometimes.

Some I know would benefit from a course to help them speaking nonstop nonsense.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Send them round here. We have some real experts in the field here…

alamcculloch:
I have a speech impediment ,its called a stammer here, its a stutter in the U.S.A. Research has shown that people who are left handed are most likely to have a stammer. Also it hardly affects girls. The College of Speech Therapy was founded in the 1920s and they still haven’t come up with a cure. I knew a boy who was a very good singer but could hardly manage a sentence without his stammer holding him back.

Gareth Gates?

No, It wasn’t him. I told this story at a speech therapy group ,before being expelled I might add. His G.F. told a newspaper “I cured GGGGareth with a bbbbblow jjob”. The speech therapist said that is not a National Health procedure.