School boy error

I made a school boy error the other night. I had my eye on an overnight at Junction 29 Truckstop and by the time that I got there it was rammed full, even units parked at the fuel pumps. So off I went to Thomson Transport as they where advertising as having spaces. I got there and it was rammed also. So after going around the yard I was told just park up behind the unit and trailer that was tucked into the truck wash. So had a bite to eat and had a shower and fell asleep. With a knock at the door I was asked by the night driver if I could move forward 6ft as he would be taking the trailer that was behind me later on during the night. So I wasnt pleased but the guy was apologetic and I moved forward and went back to sleep. After a good sleep had breakfast and washed I was just about to flick it to other work to do my daily checks, that’s when I realised that it had flicked off break into other work, so was on my overnight break but registering as other work. Bullocks I thought, but what can you do. My old unit you could move that a decent length before it would click over. So I done 2 printouts and wrote my explanation on the back. I was more ■■■■■■ that I always pull my card at night but the 1 time that I don’t I do a stupid thing and end up with that. School boy error lol Cheers Paul

you’ve covered your arse with the printouts. go back to sleep and don’t worry… :wink:

Doesn’t matter. A few years ago I was stopped in a multi-agency check and the previous weekend I’d neglected to put the tacho on to rest so it had shown 45 hours of “other work”. I had done a printout which kept them happy but they could see straight away what I’d done and weren’t remotely bothered by it.

Like has been said “don’t worry” You wanna be grateful your not trying to convince the gendarmes or the red caps that you made a simple mistake.

[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

When in England, remove card every night. That way forgetting mode switch doesn’t happen…

Albeit you made a mistake; you have done the correct thing and been honest. 28 days later so what! Just staple your printout in your diary for the year so if you ever are questioned over the mistake you have it in your diary with a clear explanation. Everyday is a school day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk