Schmitz euroliner

Hi i’m wanting to lower the roof on a Schmitz euroliner it is an 2.65 internal as appossed to a standard UK spec 2.55 internal
I want to try and lower the front to 2.60 if possible to keep my overall height legal, It looks possible I just wondered if anyone has done it and is it as easy as it looks??

I would definatly look at the unit not the trailer, lowering your 5th wheel is definatly the easier option, usually its just a case of loosing the slider, rather than messing about with your trailer roof.
Or if you need a slider, (who does to be honest, mostly they stay in 1 position once they’ve been put where you want it) you could get one similar to this

sliding5thwheel.png

Or you could change your tyres to 65s or maybe70s instead of 80s and keep your slider. (Depends on what unit you’ve got really, Volvo and Scanias have especially high 5th wheels.) That will also bring you in under 4metres.

Thanks, I already have a low height sliding 5th wheel and I’ve thought about 70 profile tyres but there’s still a lot of life left in my drive axle tyres so I don’t want to change them until they’re worn out, I’ve heard it’s possible to lower the front of the roof by removing the bolts in either side of the front and dropping them down a slot in thier brackets I just wondered if anyone had done it to be honest.

Hi l

Its really quite straight forward, I’ve done three of these now you end up with 2.55m at the front and 2.65m at the rear.
the front only has two bolts one each side, open curtains both sides support roof at the front remove bolts lower to next hole check height is correct, re bolt then measure where the front pole sits and trim to the correct length ( measure twice cut ONCE).
The front canvas will now be all loose, so drill out pop rivets and then re fix lower down, now all you have left to do is lower the first bay post each side so when the post is closed it just supports the roof. If in doubt pm me and ill help you out, should only take three hours max.

Thank you!
It looks straight forward I was just hoping someone had actually done it, do you cut the bottom of the curtain pole?
And do the original curtains still fit ok?

if you cut the top of the pole, saves removing square drive for the tensioner, you will need trim the lower front part of the curtain it will fit ok just cut a little at the time till its correct.

Is that the reason why the front top is canvas anyway?
My mate has ordered a varios euroliner so that he can run at 4m in eu and 4.2/4.3 in uk.