Scanias - Would you Adam and Eve it

Following on from the topic about handing in keys at RDC’s and other places, and not being able to listen to the radio.

I’ve just discovered that you can use the Night Heater controls to switch the radio back on. Why they put it there is beyond me. :unamused:

With the keys removed, hold down both of the buttons on the right hand side of the Night Heater control (the removeable type), the buttons being one above the other, and after a couple of seconds, the radio comes on. :smiley:

I’m not sure to which marques of Scanias this applies, but it certainly works with the newer ones.

Volvo have had a button system for this purpose for years on their globetrotter cabs at least.
Just press the radio button next to the night heater controls and you get the radio for an hour, ideal for when you’re in bed and going to sleep, the light switch is there as well.

I have a similar system on my Daf - the radio is wired in to be live all the time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can turn the radio on without keys, and there is a way of adjusting the time it stays on between 1 minute and 59 minutes, although I havent discovered it yet

Wheel Nut:
I can turn the radio on without keys, and there is a way of adjusting the time it stays on between 1 minute and 59 minutes, although I havent discovered it yet

Have you read the instruction book :slight_smile:

Krankee if you pull th night heater control unit out of its socket it has instructions on what it can do on the back.

on premiums there is a facity to turn radio on without keys…just press the on button

smeserver:

Wheel Nut:

Yes, but its in French :blush: I have got it at about 30 minutes so I will leave it there :stuck_out_tongue:

I can politely get directions and find food, but then my school french is about done

What i do is dont hand the truck keys in the first place…give them the car ones
problem solved…but it must be very annoying when you cant open a window or work any controls without the ignition on…and some ciggy lighters dont work without ignition…so no cups of tea with the electric kettle.

smeserver:

Wheel Nut:

RAOFLMFAO :wink: .

truckyboy:
What i do is dont hand the truck keys in the first place…give them the car ones
problem solved…but it must be very annoying when you cant open a window or work any controls without the ignition on…and some ciggy lighters dont work without ignition…so no cups of tea with the electric kettle.

truckyboy ,Did the same thing at vangen worcester years ago - - then got 30 mins up M5 , WHERE ARE car keys not in pocket■■?(the first and last time i do that luckily i had time to kill that day)

We have the new R series at work & I cant work out if you can get the radio to work on them if the keys are taken out. I have been at both ends of handing keys in as I worked in a warehouse for 5yrs. In my opion its a dam good idea because you then know the wagon is safe to work on. Accidents do happen & I would much rather have handed my keys in than have the thought of an accident on my mind. Yes I know that you have the traffic light system BUT as we know sometimes they dont work so you find a responsible person in the warehouse to advice you on what to do next. As for handing car keys in I went to a Co Op once & they had a set of keys that was handed in 6months previous & they had house keys & a load of others too.

Not such a good idea then eh!..oh well put the thinking cap back on…ok what about writing yourself a little note…dont forget the keys…i have only ever handed in keys at tesco in northampton…and when collecting the paperwork…the keys were always handed back with the signed notes…

In the Volvo I’ve been driving for the last couple of days you can open the windows without the keys. They have put a big handle on the door and when you turn it the window goes up and down! What will they think of next.

Chunky:
In the Volvo I’ve been driving for the last couple of days you can open the windows without the keys. They have put a big handle on the door and when you turn it the window goes up and down! What will they think of next.

:laughing: