Scania

Was test driving a scania 124 today and while driving along a country road it seemed to be hitting hard on the passenger side, could it be a cab mounting or a shock on that side?

The tyre didnt look to be any harder than the other one in saying that I only looked at them I didnt check them on a gauge.

If anyone out there has had this before I would be greatful if you could you would let me know what you think

It may be that the cab ram hasn’t been jacked all the way in - regular problem on the 2 & 3 series - usually buckled the cab floor!

Mr MJM:
It may be that the cab ram hasn’t been jacked all the way in - regular problem on the 2 & 3 series - usually buckled the cab floor!

funny as I was looking through the front I could see a lot of the cab ram all nice and shinny maybe the problem

Thanks for your reply

cab mounting robert, pig to change aswell, or try a quick fix and adjust the leveling valve rod on the n/side to put more air into the air bags,and raise the cab slightly higher

was a very common problem on w reg, it was always after i had the cab over, to cure it i just jacked the cab back over and it usually settled down properly at the second attempt, used to feel as if the the ram was going to come through the floor sometimes, the worst thing i had to change was the pipework carrying the hydraulic fluid from the jacking point the ram itself, doesnt go in a direct route it seems to go all round the chassis to get where it needs to be,pig of a job really, saying that profit wise it was one of the best trucks i ever owned

A very interesting thread. I have an '04 4 series which does exactly the same thing. I swear the bottoming-out changes with the weather. Has done it for a year now, since I bought it.

Scania have replaced various bits and adjusted the ride height; but it seems to get worse as time goes by. Have even replaced torsion bar at over £1k (for which I haven’t yet paid) and still no difference.

So, it would appear it’s not an uncommon fault. I shall be passing this on to Scania and will report back. Thank you.

my old man has an 04 topline and his has started exactly the same this week

Thanks for all your replys, I bought this truck at the weekend and am trying to get it sorted, it passed the MOT on Friday so cant be any bearing or bushes it has to be around the mountings or the cab bushes somewhere so have to keep looking, if you here anything back from Scania you can let us all know

Cheers

]

Thanks for all your replys, I bought this truck at the weekend and am trying to get it sorted

why did ye buy a truck with a fault ? surely the person / dealer u bought it off should have rectified it ?

routier:
]

Thanks for all your replys, I bought this truck at the weekend and am trying to get it sorted

why did ye buy a truck with a fault ? surely the person / dealer u bought it off should have rectified it ?

Yea I am getting it sorted by the bloke I bought it off just thought I would put this thread on to see if the problem is easy sorted

I’ve altered both the front and rear cab levelling valves on my topline and its been no trouble since (2 years ago)

Hi .Just spotted your problem.
I drive a 124 x reg and had the same problem.The fitter changed the rear levelling valve and this was a little better.I decided to check the pipework from the front levelling valve and found thst the pipe was kinked in the wiring loom and was restricting the air to the front left airbag.I sorted out the pipe and the problem went away.Hope this helps.

Mines being doing this since the cab was over when the MOT prep was done last week. I’ll jack it back up in the morning & see if it settles down. How do I adjust the leveling controls? is this a job I can do myself or a job for Scania??

BB

If its comeing from the n/s, chances are its the bushes in the bottom of the cab ram.Theres 2 nylon/plastic ones when you get them out its quite easy to see why they dont last very long cheers sbb.