Scania wendy house

a few weeks ago a bulmers driver parked next to me at cambridge services and in the morning decided to take part of my truck away as some sort of souvenier. my beloved rolls royce of the scania world has now gone in for repair and i have been given a rental unit to knock around in. (it’s like taking in a rolls royce and being handed a nissan micra as a courtesy car), it’s a low cab r420 with opticruise.
if i bang my head once more i’m going to cut the roof off, i cannot believe that any truck manufacturer would think that 2 people could possibly sleep in something this small yet they have fitted 2 bunks in it, when i first got in i put all my bags on the top bunk but it has only 2 positions, up or down, in the down position my bags slide off the edge of the bunk and i can’t have the drivers chair all the way back with the headrest where i want it, in the up position i have to take all my bags off the bunk, why do i have all my bags with me i hear you ask? i didn’t want to leave them in my own truck whilst i’m not there to keep my eye on them so most of my stuff had to come with me.
so now all my bags are on the bottom bunk and my bedding on the top. i’m staying in a hotel at night because there just isn’t enough room for me.
now to the scania must try harder section.
my truck has remote central locking with alarm and immobiliser, this should be a standard fitting on all scania trucks regardless of model or cab fitment as should the light checker device. take out the top bunk and put in a shelf instead.
something needs to be done about the bottom bunk, nobody wants to be playing with building blocks before they go to bed, having to move the seats then zip in oblong cushions is bizarre and pathetic.
if you put anymore mirrors on the truck we won’t be able to see where we are going.
put a big drawer under the bunk that slides from the middle outward, there is little enough storage as it is without missing a great opportunity, put a cup holder where the ashtray is, smoking in trucks is now illegal anyway and hardly any driver used the ashtray anyway, the present cup holder although very robocop in design is actually ■■■■■■■■■■■ lets have a cd holder instead.
i do like the new style outer locker, very good - a welcome review.
you need to do something with the dashboard, it protrudes too far into the living area, cut it back 5 inches.

overall opinion is - this truck is not suitable for regular nights out, stick to supermarkets.

A really radical idea would be to remove the bottom bunk completely, put it the other way above the passengers seat ie front to back ( there is room measured it)…then put in where the lower bunk was a comfortable chair and table with a flat screen tv undr the bunk!
Behind and above the driver they can put in cupboards for a bit of storage.
If you wanted a double bunk just put another bed on the other side.

Drive one of these sheds for my sins the least that Stobarts could have done was give us the Topline cab :angry: Joblot is my guess and i immediately wanted my Volvo FH back :sunglasses: I had 6 cupboards for all my gear in the Volvo the bed was narrow but for everything else Top notch

dessy:
Drive one of these sheds for my sins the least that Stobarts could have done was give us the Topline cab :angry: Joblot is my guess and i immediately wanted my Volvo FH back :sunglasses: I had 6 cupboards for all my gear in the Volvo the bed was narrow but for everything else Top notch

I`ve got a stobart topliner and i STILL want my fh back :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I keep looking for you in aveley dessy… are you in hiding? :laughing: :wink:

Christ,i must be the only driver at Stobart’s who’s happy in his highline.
I’m that small it’s like driving a Topline anyway as i still can’t reach anything above my head!!

I don’t know,my old man used to go into Europe in the 70’s with an AEC Mandator and then a day cabed Marathon and he used to manage without a top bunk or any fixed bunk for that matter,my how times have changed.

Hi guy’s i’m not having a dig but i’ve got to laugh at all the moaning about the size of these fancy new motors.
I started 22 years ago, after a couple of months local i moved onto tramping, 5 nights a week every week in p cab 112 scania,3 years on that motor before a step up, a volvo f10 ,pure luxury . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

alfa man:
Hi guy’s i’m not having a dig but i’ve got to laugh at all the moaning about the size of these fancy new motors.
I started 22 years ago, after a couple of months local i moved onto tramping, 5 nights a week every week in p cab 112 scania,3 years on that motor before a step up, a volvo f10 ,pure luxury . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree! I started nearly 21 years ago and did continental in a P cab Scania! No big deal.

I now drive an FM (car transporter) although to be fair…I’m home every night so I don’t sleep in it (well, not overnight anyway! :wink: ).

I can’t believe Johnny stays in a hotel rather than a more than adequate R cab Scania…must have more money than sense :unamused:

As far as i’m concerned,bigger cab= more crap i put in it and more i have to take out when i go on holiday.

Undo clips from roof, wind straps round bar couple of times, then attach clips back to roof. This puts your bunk on an angle so bags wont fall off and you wont bang your head on bunk. Used to do this in my R cab before i got blessed with a topliner.

Shrek:

alfa man:
i moved onto tramping, 5 nights a week every week in p cab 112 scania,3 years on that motor before a step up, a volvo f10 ,pure luxury . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: that was me as well.

I can’t believe Johnny stays in a hotel rather than a more than adequate R cab Scania…must have more money than sense :unamused:

i know :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

JB:

dessy:

I`ve got a stobart topliner and i STILL want my fh back :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I keep looking for you in aveley dessy… are you in hiding? :laughing: :wink:

No i’m a night Tramper m8 all over the Gaff :unamused:
Right now i’m waiting to go into Sainsbugs at Bristol then back to Bridgewater for a load to Morrisons Swindon :wink:

Only ever in Aveley on Monday evening and Saturday morning :wink:

When I started 26 years ago it was in a day cabbed F86 with a bit of plywood behind the seats and an old caravan seat cushion to sleep on. As there were windows all round and no night heater it was perishing at night.

Then I moved up to an F88 - proper bunk but still no night heater!

What you chaps need is “luxury living”. My lorry sleeps 6 adults and very comfortably too. My groom and I spent 4 months living in the Scania up to Christmas time near Gloucester.

Nicola Ross-Watt:
What you chaps need is “luxury living”. My lorry sleeps 6 adults and very comfortably too. My groom and I spent 4 months living in the Scania up to Christmas time near Gloucester.

it’s only basic but I’ve done a few nights in this

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dennis
what
no walk in fridge :laughing: