Scania Vabis LV type

Is it a Van Welde LV cab ? It seems to have an electric Telma brake on the transmission.

michel:
Is it a Van Welde LV cab ? It seems to have an electric Telma brake on the transmission.

It is indeed a Paul & van Weelde cab, to my eye at least. The Roset cab, using the same basic structure, had the headlights wider apart, in the corner panels. The P&vW one was available with lavish interior options- leather and hardwood, according to one article I read. Maybe this is one of those- it has extra brightwork around the windows.

The Mercedes just a couple of posts further up has a longer sleeper extension than the usual LV. I wonder if any LV customers asked for that?

michel:

Bonjour Michel,

No it’s not a Telma, but the first 76’s models was the spitter box separated hanging in the chassis.

Eric,

[/quote]
What was the bus model that introduced the grille which ended up on the LB76? I remember that it was you that provided that information in the first place, but I can’t remember where. :smiley:
[/quote]
Various examples with a look-a-like of the LB76 grille as presented on the thread “Adriaan Beers”.

Remember that “Beers” also was a marque of self-assembled chassis

Beers-Handyvan-1950-DeGraaff-Zevenhuizen.JPG

Beers'-Handyvan-1950-RAI-Amsterdam.jpg

SV-B-22-1930.jpg

ERF-Continental:
To keep this thread moving forward…

By the way…this IS a Scania-Vabis and NOT a Mercedes-Benz, quite some details show…

This is what I meant:

tugboatlars.se/ScaniaVabisCFbuss.html

The bus was made in 1961, 2 years before the LB76 was launched. this means that there were 2 years of LV production, which could have included the same grille as an LB76. I had guessed that some LV76s were built, but it seems unlikely now.

ERF-Continental:

ERF-Continental:

By the way…this IS a Scania-Vabis and NOT a Mercedes-Benz, quite some details show…

If I am not mistaken it is a Mercedes.
The truck belonged to Heynen Transport in Roosendaal, who were the prefered haulier for Page which stood for PApierfabriek GEnnep) as you can see on this site,
zwntransport.nl/Nostalgie/We … heynen.php

There are a few more pictures of this truck on this site, a few with the Mercedes star visible.
What propably confused you (and me at first as well :wink: ) are the wheelarches, normal Mercedes ones are round and these are more square like the later scania models.
I presume this is like a van weelde cab, somebody adapted the cab, I just do not know who…

Edit: the site is well worth a visit,

I stand corrected and was mixed up with the front of a Van Deudekom removal-van

Nice day!

@bald…you frequently posted on the “ERF 5MW LHD” / European-thread…some updates
on behalf of Delcon…if I am not wrong you’re related to Delcon?

bald:

ERF-Continental:

ERF-Continental:

If I am not mistaken it is a Mercedes.
The truck belonged to Heynen Transport in Roosendaal, who were the prefered haulier for Page which stood for PApierfabriek GEnnep) as you can see on this site,
zwntransport.nl/Nostalgie/We … heynen.php

There are a few more pictures of this truck on this site, a few with the Mercedes star visible.
What propably confused you (and me at first as well :wink: ) are the wheelarches, normal Mercedes ones are round and these are more square like the later scania models.
I presume this is like a van weelde cab, somebody adapted the cab, I just do not know who…

Edit: the site is well worth a visit,

I think some Dutch operators just preferred the P&vW cab, over those offered by the chassis manufacturer. The LP315/326/333 etc. were offered as uncabbed chassis’, so that explains the vehicle you mention.

This is a more intriguing picture:

The 1418 was fitted with Mercedes’ new Kubische cab which, one would imagine, was superior to a 5-year-old coachbuilt cab. Why would this operator have chosen the latter option?

[zb]
anorak:
The 1418 was fitted with Mercedes’ new Kubische cab which, one would imagine, was superior to a 5-year-old coachbuilt cab. Why would this operator have chosen the latter option?

The early kubisch cabs were very spartan and at first the only sleeper available, was the half cab, so I presume it was the coachbuilders cab that was superior…

bald:

[zb]
anorak:

The early kubisch cabs were very spartan and at first the only sleeper available, was the half cab, so I presume it was the coachbuilders cab that was superior…

That would make sense- if the operator was in the habit of sending a two-man crew out, he would need the “full” kubische:

It looks very accommodating. I wonder how long it took Mercedes to add it to the range?

What would we give for a look inside the P&vW version? :smiley:

bR.jpg

[zb]
anorak:

The vehicle didn’t start out that way, it was locally re-cabbed after an accident. Originally it had a lengthened standard Mercedes cab like the middle one in this line-up, the company had several of those.

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-Continental:
Not my pictures and perhaps posted earlier but herewith a nice series of Goedkoop & De Geus

Which coachbuilder did the cab on the last one, or is that a daft question? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had earlier assumed that this may be a Heida / Heiwo cab since the vehicle shows up on a brochure cover. However, since then I came upon new info and I now believe that the trailer body is mady by Heiwo, the cab looks to be made by De Graaff though.

SV-LV-series-GG.jpg

1966, one of the first 266 40’-containers ex USA unloaded in Rotterdam-port…ECT (European Container Terminal) did the handling

HAPPY YEAR 2023!

Found attached picture of Evarist Coveliers from Lier (Belgium)

Found an old picture (line-up) from V.D. Bos in Naaldwijk…they had quite a fleet in 1964

Some popped up again, Wetram

SV-LV-Wetram.jpg

Not new but from another angle…C. Disselkoen’s LVS-75 from 1961