Scania Vabis LV type

It’s a Werkspoor cab. Similar windscreen and glass to van Eck, I would say, but you have a better eye than me!

Bonne année, M. Michel. :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YieEDJBShM

At 0:28, there is a “new” one. Looks like one of the German coachbuilders- Anrepa(sp?)?

In colour with an English trailer:

The photograph is not there! The suspense is killing me!

Celebrating the drivers or the purchases of the Scania-Vabis?

Van Den Bos from Naaldwijk (Westland where the greenhouses are very common) is also known
as CargoBOSs and now as BosVandalen

Scania-Vabis-Van Den Bos - Naaldwijk.jpeg

Screen shot of the one in the video I posted:

We know that the LB76 grille first saw the light of day on a bus in 1960 or '61, so this may be a bus. However, there are no windows behind the B post, and how many buses travelled under TIR rules?

I reckon it is a pantechnicon, built on a bus chassis- not an LV.

[zb]
anorak:
Screen shot of the one in the video I posted:

We know that the LB76 grille first saw the light of day on a bus in 1960 or '61, so this may be a bus. However, there are no windows behind the B post, and how many buses travelled under TIR rules?

I reckon it is a pantechnicon, built on a bus chassis- not an LV.

This has a variant of that grille:

It was a time, before Scania-Vabis was ready to admit a genuine front-steer was a must.

Several bodymakers/coachmakers were creative in how to apply several components of
a cab into a perfect solution for their customer. Wackenhut did, Paul & van Weelde did,
also de Graaff, Roset, van Beurden, van Eck and quite some other small companies.

The fact that the LB-grille was claimed, shows that a novelty was achieved to claim and
show towards other transport-companies that they were ahead.

Quite a mix, not easy to research as it was merely local, brand-depending and so on.

ERF-Continental:
It was a time, before Scania-Vabis was ready to admit a genuine front-steer was a must.

Several bodymakers/coachmakers were creative in how to apply several components of
a cab into a perfect solution for their customer. Wackenhut did, Paul & van Weelde did,
also de Graaff, Roset, van Beurden, van Eck and quite some other small companies.

The fact that the LB-grille was claimed, shows that a novelty was achieved to claim and
show towards other transport-companies that they were ahead.

Quite a mix, not easy to research as it was merely local, brand-depending and so on.

What was the bus model that introduced the grille which ended up on the LB76? I remember that it was you that provided that information in the first place, but I can’t remember where. :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:
Just the start of a seccesful range…or?

The words ‘successful range’ won’t sit comfortably with anyone who drove Scania 80 artics! :laughing: (I speak from experience) :wink: R

I think they were successful lorries 80 / 81 ,4 and 6 wheeler rigids were brilliant and although plated at 32t the tractor units were probably designed for 24t local distribution type work which they would have been good for …
The 110 / 111 was the maximum weight , long distance truck but operators in the UK thought an 80/81 could do the same job .

logger:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

The words ‘successful range’ won’t sit comfortably with anyone who drove Scania 80 artics! :laughing: (I speak from experience) :wink: R

I think they were successful lorries 80 / 81 ,4 and 6 wheeler rigids were brilliant and although plated at 32t the tractor units were probably designed for 24t local distribution type work which they would have been good for …
The 110 / 111 was the maximum weight , long distance truck but operators in the UK thought an 80/81 could do the same job .

There was a naturally aspirated version of the LB110 available in GB, rated at 202bhp, IIRC. I wonder why that was not more popular? I suspect Scania did not want naturally-aspirated 200bhp satisfied customers queering the pitch for its turbocharged engines in the future.

Anyway, enough of these futuristic dreams. We are in 1961, and you can have 205bhp- with a turbocharger :smiley: :

14674932424_d95839cbe4_o.jpg

logger:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

Fair comment. When I drove one, 38 tonnes had only just come in and I was driving a mixed bag of artics on the same fridge work (a Scania 80, a Ford D-series with ■■■■■■■■ Merc 1625s and 1626s and Ford Transcons. The Transcons were by far the best).

ERF-NGC-European:

logger:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

Fair comment. When I drove one, 38 tonnes had only just come in and I was driving a mixed bag of artics on the same fridge work (a Scania 80, a Ford D-series with ■■■■■■■■ Merc 1625s and 1626s and Ford Transcons. The Transcons were by far the best).

when i was at ferrymasters , we got a scania 80 to west berlin - and back, . my dad couldn’t his get his j reg 80 from finedon to charnock richard servs without a drama , would happily have driven it over a cliff, yet David Abbott in wellingborough bought an 80 at the same time and loved it.

Not my pictures and perhaps posted earlier but herewith a nice series of Goedkoop & De Geus

ERF-Continental:
Not my pictures and perhaps posted earlier but herewith a nice series of Goedkoop & De Geus

Which coachbuilder did the cab on the last one, or is that a daft question? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No daft question at all…according to barreiros, some pages back, it was HEIWO (abbrevation for Heida Wolvega
and Wolvega is a place in the North-East of Holland) also known for various trailer-bodies for frigo-transport.

ERF-Continental:
No daft question at all…according to barreiros, some pages back, it was HEIWO (abbrevation for Heida Wolvega
and Wolvega is a place in the North-East of Holland) also known for various trailer-bodies for frigo-transport.

He seemed quite knowledgeable. I wonder what’s happened to him? He hasn’t put any pics on here for a while.

image en ligne

To keep this thread moving forward…

ERF-Continental:
To keep this thread moving forward…

Looks like a Mercedes LP315, with a Paul & van Weelde cab. German operators had the choice of Wackenhut, Kaessbohrer, Anrhepa(sp?) and a few odd others. Maybe the Dutch had a better option? :smiley: